Tories "Have Mountain to Climb" - Tory Party Chairman

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by JoeCivvie, Nov 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gerrymandering on a grand scale.
    john

2. Interesting comment but don't agree, gerrymandering appears to mean "to manipulate an electoral area, usually by altering its boundaries, in order to gain an unfair political advantage in an election". Pickles comments are brutally true the Tories have a very big mountain to climb, now, Labour on the other hand and todays abuse of the Queens Speech now thats what I call Gerrymandering!

3. They are not interested in the slightest what we have to say. I was thinking about voting Tory at the next election but they can swing for it now. After seeing their decision to go for an all female prospective MP lists I e-mailed them asking why it was not purely a "best person for the job regardless of gender" and if, they are so interested in equality, how about some help for absent fathers like me getting financially raped by the CSA. We have had a lot of our rights removed and yet mothers who break access agreements get no penalty whatsoever.

The reply I got spouted a lot of percentages about it "not being good enough" to have the current level of female MP's and that we need more. No explanation why apart form the fact its a percentage game. Not better MP's just more female MP's. They completely ignored my point about absent fathers/absent mothers, the general impression of the e-mail was "we know better .. end of" so I will not be voting for them. UKIP look like they will be getting my vote and I am going to start seriously looking at getting out of this country. Because its doomed in my view.

They have more than a mountain to climb. They haven't got the first idea how to start it seems or what kit they need for it.

4. The "call me Dave" party have lost my vote after doing a U turn on a referendum.

5. Man shocked by "We know better" paternalistic Tory stance!"

Golly, that's news isn't it...It seems both Liarbour and Story parties want to run your life the way they would like your life to be run. Frankly it is either Notting Hill or Islington "intelligentsia" rule for all of us, even though the issues of these people don't map very well ontothe things which affect the rest of us in our "provincial" fastnesses.

I fear that I may well find myself voting for my local MP, because he seems decent enough; if a bit damp and moderately expensive vis a vis claims; rather than for a national party on caucus grounds.

6. despite the fact that holding a referendum now would be a pointless waste of taxpayers money?

7. At least you got a letter you could read, you might not have understood it! As to all female A lists that has gone down like a lead balloon, havn't caught up on the Turnip Taliban in Norfolk and the Associations attempt to deselect their PPC. It is up to Associations as to who they select so be aware its not all adone deal, however be aware thet many of the ladies selected are outstanding and it is meritocracy at the end of the day.
    As to CSA totally agree and sympathise with you, I am not there for the grace of God but friends are and I really feel for them.
    As to the choices for Government, Labour can whistle into the wind as Mandy did this morning, the Lib Dims are just that and UKIP are a one policy party who else is there but the Tories?

8. They haven't done a u-turn, they did exactly what they said, which was they would hold an referendum if the treaty wasn't in force when they came into power...

9. A mere drop in the ocean of money spent by Governments.

10. At least you got a letter you could read, you might not have understood it! As to all female A lists that has gone down like a lead balloon, havn't caught up on the Turnip Taliban in Norfolk and the Associations attempt to deselect their PPC. It is up to Associations as to who they select so be aware its not all adone deal, however be aware thet many of the ladies selected are outstanding and it is meritocracy at the end of the day.
    As to CSA totally agree and sympathise with you, I am not there for the grace of God but friends are and I really feel for them.
    As to the choices for Government, Labour can whistle into the wind as Mandy did this morning, the Lib Dims are just that and UKIP are a one policy party who else is there but the Tories?[/quote]

Agreed, what other rational choice is there? I for one could not stand another term of the bufoons and spivs in the liabor party. It may not be perfect, but I could not agree more. Who else is there but the Conservatives??

11. But we don't appear to have many drops left (money that is), certainly not on an exercise that will tell us what we know and then can't do any thing about !

12. Call me Dave has wriggled out of a "cast iron guarantee" it shows that his word is as good as Brown or Blairs. Call me Dave is going to turn out to be a snake oil salesman.

13. Horseshit
    The only reason Cameron can't do anything about the Lisbon Treaty is becuase he doesn't want to.
    The UK is still a sovereign nation, Parliament could overturn the Lisbon Treaty anytime it wanted too.
    He has simly decided he doesn't want to do that and he doesn't want to ask the electorate what they want.

14. So if the politicians won't help us, what do we do?