Tories Get Their Policies From . . . . . .

Labour

According to Nick Robinson, who might well be a member of the Conservative Party, lays out this claim in His blog.

How disengenuous then, that the Tories claim that Labour pinch their ideas.

Robinsons blog

If the Tories took some policies from reading this site they may even get elected.

rockpile said:
If the Tories took some policies from reading this site they may even get elected.
Do You honestly believe that the prevalent views voiced on ARRSE are those held by the general public.

Hmmmmmm

Pompeii said:
So that would be Tories - 1, Labour 1,000,000 on the who nicks whose policies leader board...

Now does Robinson say that there was ony one idea pinched - or did He just use it as an example.

The clue is when He says "Take today's example" :D

Sven said:
rockpile said:
Do You honestly believe that the prevalent views voiced on ARRSE are those held by the general public.

Hmmmmmm
They are more common than you might think. That they are not in the news is down to political correctness and that Mr & Mrs Average UK citizen believes politicians don't listen to them any more. Hence, the apathy at elections

Sven said:
Pompeii said:
So that would be Tories - 1, Labour 1,000,000 on the who nicks whose policies leader board...

Now does Robinson say that there was ony one idea pinched - or did He just use it as an example.

The clue is when He says "Take today's example" :D
Isn't it impossible for an opposition party to steal policies from a Government that is in power, as any policy proposed will already be, or planned to be initiated by that Government?

some people obviously don't read the links properly :D

Now I did say "at first glance" because the truth is, and the Tories privately acknowledge it, that many of the ideas they've called for have originally come from the Labour Party or - to be more precise - from Blairites. . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . The Tories took up the idea when they saw Chancellor Gordon Brown resist it.

What a wonderful way to get policy, eh? Looks like You are all voting for Labour ideas at the next election

Sven said:

Now I did say "at first glance" because the truth is, and the Tories privately acknowledge it, that many of the ideas they've called for have originally come from the Labour Party or - to be more precise - from Blairites. . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . The Tories took up the idea when they saw Chancellor Gordon Brown resist it.

What a wonderful way to get policy, eh? Looks like You are all voting for Labour ideas at the next election
Quite, Sven. Have you had a look at the links I provided, or is all opinion going to be based on one Blogg??

Funny how you accuse one person on here that just because he states something, it doesn't represent the views of the nation, yet you read 1 blogg and suddenly its to be seen as gospel :roll:

Also, whilst looking for evidence, I did try to look for articles that showed any party stealing ideas from the limp dems................even google came back with :?

many of the ideas they've called for have originally come from Blairites.
Whereas many Blairite ideas have originally come from er... Thatcherites...

I don't think that adopting Blairite ideas can be called 'stealing Labour's policies'. Blairite = Labour? Can't see many Labour MPs describing themselves as a "Blarite".

Sven said:

Well, I certainly will not be voting Libdems. Not after that disastrous perf re the Lisbon Treaty.

drain_sniffer said:
Sven said:

Quite, Sven. Have you had a look at the links I provided, or is all opinion going to be based on one Blogg??

Funny how you accuse one person on here that just because he states something, it doesn't represent the views of the nation, yet you read 1 blogg and suddenly its to be seen as gospel :roll:

Also, whilst looking for evidence, I did try to look for articles that showed any party stealing ideas from the limp dems................even google came back with :?
I used Robinson as a source because HE IS A TORY. and because He is reporting on His own party can be more trusted on this. If a Guardian reporter had written it, I would take it with a pinch of salt.

Now lets go for Your first link, when it happens DS bring this thread back to my attention. with the second the Times highlights the differences in the policies, differences which make them different policies.

And now Ashes to Ashes is on so debate with me will be suspended until 00:30 hours

Scabster_Mooch said:
Sven said:

Well, I certainly will not be voting Libdems. Not after that disastrous perf re the Lisbon Treaty.
You wouldn't anyway :D

Who cares who had an idea first?

Either a policy is a good one, in which case I don't care who thought of it, or it's not, in which case it should be shit-canned. Petty bickering about who thought of something first merely gets in the way of the business of running the country.

I think it was Disraeli, who described the duty of opposition as supporting the government when they get it right and criticising it when they get it wrong.

Sven said:
rockpile said:

Hmmmmmm
Do you honestly believe there will ever be a Liberal Gub'mint? 8O

Werewolf said:
Sven said:
rockpile said:

Hmmmmmm
Do you honestly believe there will ever be a Liberal Gub'mint? 8O
I think that at some point in the future there may well be a Liberal Democrat government - when it will be, I'm not sure.