Tories Bring Back Commmon sense

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by JoeCivvie, Oct 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

It's a start, but let's hope the courts allow it to happen.
  2. The returnn of common sense. Never happen. The lawyers and bureaucrats are too well entrenched.
  3. They do talk about trying to remove the 'compensation culture' including the 'no fee no win' vultures and ambulance chasers, so it could get interesting.
  4. Although I hate to have to make any attempt to be fair to New Labour, the Courts and Legal Services Act 1990, s58 (and, to a lesser extent, s59) were brought in under the previous Tory government. Which was also full of lawyers.
  5. N/L had 13 years to redress it.
  6. Hey, wasn't claiming it was a good attempt ...
  7. While part of me agrees with stopping this practice, the realistic part of me kicks in to remind me that it is through the easy, 'where there's blame, there's a claim' lawsuits that I earn a sizable chunk of my crust - so I hope they don't mess with it too much.
  8. More smoke and mirrors.

The cheese rolling event, if you fall and break your neck in the course of participation, guess what its a sport, H&S legislation does not apply cos you aint at work, your not amember of the public your a participant. Sportspersons die regularly at sporting events, HSE don't even need to be notified

Concerns were raised rightly or wrongly over the fact that an event that used to attract a few hundred now attracts 15,000. Organisation of events does fall under H&S law quite rightly after the multiple fatalities at the Monsters of Rock in 1988.

Who the fook does not get a written explanation that they cannot hold an event? Its a local licensing process FFS, you will be asked to furnish details of how it is being controlled within specific parameters such as insurance cover, event safety plan, traffic management plan etc. Notification in writing is the least of your worries, posting the £50,000 bond for the inevitable destruction of property that your event causes is what halts events not H&S.

Make your own minds up adventurers.

9. I happen to agree with you, the culture in this country by blood sucking lawyers within the Legal Industry is nothing beyond pathetic, ambulance chasing, Council Officials and certain other Sectors requires a complete overhaul & if the Tories can sort out the previous mess then hats off to them,

Unfortunately as the EU is constantly willing to screw the UK system these HRA, ECHR and this dare I say it recently introduced EA needs a reform but common sense left these shore a while ago,

Time will tell how this progresses...............