• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Torchwood

First airing BBC 3 21.00 tonight for this Dr. Who spin-off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/

Torchwood is a 13-part drama series aimed at a post-watershed audience and has an organic link to Doctor Who.

"Torchwood is a British sci-fi paranoid thriller, a cop show with a sense of humour," says Russell T Davies.

"It's dark, wild and sexy, it's the X Files meets This Life. It's a stand-alone series for adult audiences which will have its own unique identity.
How is Torchwood different to Doctor Who?

Because it's for a completely different audience. It's on after the watershed and it's for adults, or teenagers who have permission from their parents to watch this type of show.
I'm not just saying it's more risque, but we're dealing with violence. There's blood, there's gore, there's sex.
So if parents let their kids watch it, they must understand they'll have some explaining to do.
Yes, but will it be any good?

I should be Captain Jack.

Maybe there can be a horrid accident with some sort of shiny buzzy machine, et voila , your humble correspondent steps out of the swirling debris, all lantern-jawed hero and winning smile. Hurrah! *slap thigh*

Those 3 Dorii would have to go through the same process mind. Well maybe not the Chinese looking one.

...And the website is a bit pants Beeb.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Just been to the website, I rather like that Tau shaped cross logo, reminds me of something ;)

'Outside the Government, the Police and just about anyone else'?

Sounds just like the Privy Council to me. I am not talking about the Privy Council as in the Judicial Commitee that hears appeals from the Commonwealth, I am talking about the Privy Council to which all members of the senior judiciary belong, as do Government Ministers and other members of the great and the good with lifelong membership and an oath never to discuss the work they do!

In short, a Government within a Government!

And no, I do not wear a tinfoil hat - it actually exists, the media never discuss it and it is unaccountable!

No , I can't see it myself............. :D

Attachments

PartTimePongo said:
I should be Captain Jack.

Maybe there can be a horrid accident with some sort of shiny buzzy machine, et voila , your humble correspondent steps out of the swirling debris, all lantern-jawed hero and winning smile. Hurrah! *slap thigh*
PTP, I pictured you as that already. You've shattered all illusions I had of you and left me a disappointed shell of a man.

I've just watched the first episode, I can describe it as a sci-fi erotic action thriller.

Marks all the ticks on my book, aliens, sex, guns, sex with aliens.

dan_man said:
I've just watched the first episode, I can describe it as a sci-fi erotic action thriller.

Marks all the ticks on my book, aliens, sex, guns, sex with aliens.
Agreed. Thought the dialogue was pretty good and the characters were at least mildly interesting.

Also, the hot lezzer-kissing in the second episode really scored them points.

I thought it was naff - The highlight being the halfords strobe light on the door pillars of the least inconspicuous looking freelander Ive ever seen.

And is every episode going to have Welsh people in it?

Pillager said:
I thought it was naff - The highlight being the halfords strobe light on the door pillars of the least inconspicuous looking freelander Ive ever seen.

And is every episode going to have Welsh people in it?
It's set in Cardiff, so yes, sadly.

I rather fancy the pc... big eyes, black hair and freckles... Mmmmm :D

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Can I be the first to point out that 'Torchwood' is an anagram of 'Doctor Who' or should I sling it to the 9/11 thread? :D

Edited for Sunday night cider ineptitude.

You're not the first...it was in the BBC promotional guff months ago

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Scouting for Boys said:
You're not the first...it was in the BBC promotional guff months ago
I stand corrected. It only just became apparent to my alcohol addled eyes, not having heard of said show until tonight.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vvaannmmaann The NAAFI Bar 43
vvaannmmaann Films, Music and All Things Artsy 29
animalfromthemuppets Films, Music and All Things Artsy 52