Torchwood

I haven't watched it yet, (nor last weeks for that matter) but as long as it has got the gorgeous Welsh strumpet running about then it is deffo necessary.

It must be another manifestation of the BBC operating in a left-leaning comfort zone" and displaying its innate liberal bias by foisting such rubbish on us the paying public.

Having said that I am also fucked if I know what you are going on about haveing not seen it either :)

But I'm fucked if I know what you are on about.
I don't watch Torchwood, because it's gash. But I happened to turn over last night at the point where the main character was having some gay love row with some fella.

I didn't even twig that it was Torchwood. I assumed it was some gay period drama.

I assume this is what the fuss is about?

I only watched the first two episodes, it got on my nerves though so I binned it.

I liked the last one they did "The children of Earth" but this new effort is trying to be a cross between 24 and Lost and missing the mark by miles.

Gash.

An awful load of shite featuring some fat Welsh people and a very gay bloke in an unfeasibly big coat.

Only slightly redeemed by perhaps the finest ginger on the planet.

I had to endure watching some of it last night with Mrs Iron and my daughter, the question is was it Jarrod or Barryman (or what ever his name is who plays Jack) who wrote it with the ammount of gay scenes. Thank god for the ginge above as if the only offering the Welsh can have of a babe is that ugly bint then no wonder they shag sheep.

Sooooo much to say about that, but won't.

I thoroughly enjoy man on man on the television as its far removed from reality. For instance, when engaged in a rool about the floor in a 69 with a hairy backed gentleman, a nistril full of butt musk and a cheeky trump never seem to get coverage. You never here them say 'Fuckin ell mate, when did you last clean your bellend' or 'Diven't bum us yet am prairie dogging'

I don't watch Torchwood, because it's gash. But I happened to turn over last night at the point where the main character was having some gay love row with some fella.

I didn't even twig that it was Torchwood. I assumed it was some gay period drama.

I assume this is what the fuss is about?
'Course you did, just 'happened' to turn over. Gayer!

If barryman concentrated on the plot and not ramming his little fantasy down the viewers throat (forgive the pun) then it might be worth watching. Is just another BBC excuse of a show trying to compete with the americans. How about some girl on girl love interest for a change.

If barryman concentrated on the plot and not ramming his little fantasy down the viewers throat (forgive the pun) then it might be worth watching. Is just another BBC excuse of a show trying to compete with the americans. How about some girl on girl love interest for a change.
Girl-on-girl is so passé
Rimming is the new Black, as they say

God, you'll be wanting Benny Hill and Pans People back next, when the rest of us want full ripped, beefy and sweaty WWF

. . and I don't mean some fucking Panda's being saved

Incidentally, the BBC seems tyo think it's all OK to show some plenty of manlove, in a program which was originally aimed at the youth market

Torchwood: Miracle Day, inappropriate sexual content, BBC OnePublication date: 8 August 2011
Complaint
We’ve received complaints from some viewers who feel it is inapproprate to show gay sex in Torchwood.
The BBC's response

We have strict Editorial Guidelines which govern the content of our programmes, and Torchwood is no exception. These clearly state:

"In all BBC output the portrayal of sex, or the exploration of sexual issues, should be editorially justified and treated with appropriate sensitivity. In post-watershed content, we must be able to justify the frank and realistic portrayal of sex and the exploration of themes and issues which some people might find offensive."

Captain Jack Harkness is an established character in the series. We felt the content was justified in terms of the context and character and would be within the expectations of regular viewers. We aim to depict relationships whether heterosexual or homosexual in an honest and realistic way. These scenes are not meant to cause offence.
BBC - Complaints - Torchwood: Miracle Day, inappropriate sexual content, BBC One

They haven't issued anything since episode 1, I wonder if there's been any complaints since?

(excpet mine, I mentioned there's not enough gay bears, just smooth backed Barryman)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
animalfromthemuppets Films, Music and All Things Artsy 52
BernardMcCabe The NAAFI Bar 8
PartTimePongo Films, Music and All Things Artsy 39