TOR Motorcycles - anyone had any experience?

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Ravers, Mar 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Just found these:

http://www.tormoto.co.uk/

I have to say I am tempted by the low prices and pleasing look. Presumably they are Chinese imports with a few stickers and shiny bits added on. Obviously the depreciation on one of these is going to be horrendous but a brand new 250 for less than £1700 can't be that bad can it?

If anyone has any experience of these or any more info it would be much appreciated.

2. It doesn't say on their website where they import from.
    I agree with you..... looks like china to me. Are these 2-stroke?

Depreciation an issue. But i guess your going to use them for their purpose. Green laning / trial / X cross

Reliability n/k.
    Service every 100miles?

3. Do they not come in kit form & you have to build parts of them yourself?
    If they are this cheap their must be a catch!

4. If (and the price seems to agree) they're chinese, you won't need to worry about depreciation - they'll have rotted/fallen apart within a year.

5. Deep in the terms and conditions of sale : http://www.tormoto.co.uk/page002.html

"All new Motorcycles are supplied on the understanding they will require some final assembly,set up and inspection before use. This work should be carried out by a qualified person. "

So you are getting a basic 'bike inna box' probably with the front wheel and brakes demounted, no fluids in its systems etc Which will then require a couple of hours of PDI before you reach the road. Also how do they get serviced once you are on the road.

I know that many in the traillie community are possibly better a waving spanners around, than say the 600cc Sunday Riders bods. But do you have the Garage Space, the knowledge and the spanners yourself ?