Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Topple the Racists' - a sustained attack on British History

RBMK

War Hero
You've got it exactly the wrong way round, mush. Which is to be expected from a sock-puppet like you. There's a band of eight or nine ARRSErs who've formed a schoolyard bullying clique and who pursue me constantly and obsessively across the ARRSE boards posting their stupid, childish remarks. But when I retaliate, it's all my fault? What would you do under those circumstances? It's they who're constantly attacking me, not me attacking them. All I do is react to their bollix, yet you believe that it's me who causes it all?

I haven't spent years pursuing them across the boards and deliberately derailing threads just to loose off stupid remarks. I don't mention them on threads on which they haven't even posted just to get in yet another infantile jibe. But you believe I'm to blame? Listen, fella, they don't interest me in the slightest and I'd never go out of my way to post anything about them, except by way of retaliation when they attack me - which they do constantly. So why don't you ask them what they get from their stupid little game, eh? And why they constantly derail threads and spoil the enjoyment for other ARRSErs just so they can get in yet another infantile jibe that has nothing to do with the subject at hand?

MsG
If you stopped retailiating to every minor insult and ignored them then you wouldn't get into the slanging matches that inevitably start -- and which end up in threads getting derailed and people getting ROPS etc.

Equally, if you stopped posting stuff that is deliberately intended to be provocative, then you would not get the reaction that you say you hate.

You're obviously well read in certain areas, and therefore may have some level of intelligence, but from where I'm sitting (comfortably) it appears that you are spring loaded to the pi55ed off position and actually thrive on the attention.

Oh my, you must be devastated! Any more racist themes you'd like to share?

If I mind rightly, humankind originally "emigrated" from Central Africa to all over the world. Ancient tribes relocated to other parts as soon as they realised their existing environment wasn't conducive to the longevity of their lineage. The US, as we know it, would never have got off the ground without millions of immigrants, and neither would have Brazil or many islands in the West Indies.

It seems that it's OK for you for Italians, Spanish, Portuguese, Germans etc to "emigrate" to the UK but not folks you apparently disapprove of. As I stated: racist much?

Folks from different cultures and climates have mutually influenced each other for centuries. Have you ever thought about why that should suddenly have become such a "problem" in relatively recent times? Sure, you'll respond that "they" are watering down "our" culture. Although you obviously haven't spared a thought as to how that culture developed, nor for all the ancient, and often very advanced, cultures that were "watered down/destroyed" or had "foreign" attitudes forced upon them by the arrival of the much-lauded British Empire.

MsG

They're not "watering down" our culture. Their explicitly stated aim is to destroy it.

Excuse me, "some" were sold by indigenous powers but THE VAST MAJORITY WERE CAPTURED AND KIDNAPPED by european "discoverers".

And when Britain stopped the Transatlantic slave trade, they carried on, and sent them to the Middle East instead, which Britain also put a stop to.

[QUNextfellOTE="stacker1, post: 10122047, member: 29431"]Now now Bugsy, Im just trying to help you, those pair are genuinely trying to usurp you, what are you going to do about it?
I suggest your 9/11 theories, they were brilliant. Robme wont know whats hit him
Whatever you do to discredit me, spackerinsi, you'll still always be known as the only ARRSEr who's managed to strike up an argument with himself - and lose! No-one can take that away from you,! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MsG
[/QUOTE]

No, there was ordsgt? as well. Some of his were truly epic.

To you and to your history revisiting gentlemen,
Please explain exactly how does that prove that the majority of slaves were obtained by indigenous supply chains - specifically supply chains that were not created by European colonizers? It doesn't, does it?

It's funny the BS didn't require sources but the rebuttal does...
Concerning my sources, I'm happy providing them, I've studied this in detail in Portugal, the number 1 people kidnapper in the world, ever. I'll limit it to things you'll be able to find originals in English or translated into English.

I wonder if you'd respond in kind supplying me with your sources that detail exactly how was the majority of people kidnapping in Africa was not done by a European system, that yes, employed some locals, but was essentially a foreign supply-demand. Please?

Silva, AC - A manilha e o libambo: a África e a escravidão
Clarence-Smith, WG - The Myth of Uneconomic Imperialism: The Portuguese in Angola
Castro, AFM - O Sistema Colonial Português em África
Bailey, AC - African Voices of the Atlantic Slave Trade

Well, there's the fact the slave trade made an African nation even richer than Britain, which made it's money out of selling wool.

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
No, there was ordsgt? as well. Some of his were truly epic.
You're right! I'd completely forgotten about Odd_Sarge. And he really did have a few epic arguments with himself - some of which he only narrowly lost. But is he not brown bread now?

MsG

You're right! I'd completely forgotten about Odd_Sarge. And he really did have a few epic arguments with himself - some of which he only narrowly lost. But is he not brown bread now?

MsG
You're Irish. Why are you using cockney slang?

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
If you stopped retailiating to every minor insult and ignored them then you wouldn't get into the slanging matches that inevitably start -- and which end up in threads getting derailed and people getting ROPS etc.

Equally, if you stopped posting stuff that is deliberately intended to be provocative, then you would not get the reaction that you say you hate.

You're obviously well read in certain areas, and therefore may have some level of intelligence, but from where I'm sitting (comfortably) it appears that you are spring loaded to the pi55ed off position and actually thrive on the attention.
Let's be clear, shall we? I don't attack the eight or nine ARRSErs in the clique, they attack me. It's all very well to state that I should ignore them, but they won't ignore me. Then they post stuff that's spectacularly exaggerated, just to make it seem even more improbable and far-fetched.

One example: As a member of HSV in Germany in the early 1970s, I stepped in as a substitute for a 4 x 100 m team member who was injured. Somehow, I ran a freakish 10.40 secs during the tryout. The competition was against a local team (SV Stellingen) and we won the race. That was the end of it for me since I was far more interested in concentrating on amateur boxing and gymnastics.

But over time, I became "Irish sprint champion", a candidate for the Olympics, a supposed member of the German Olympic Team (as an Irishman) and all manner of other configurations. And the gobshites do that time and again. You state that I shouldn't react to them, but why not ask why they find it so necessary to attack me all the time? Not that I take the goobies seriously in any way, but it does become very annoying when they spoil everyone else's enjoyment and constantly derail threads just to get in some stupid remark. I find that a very selfish attitude.

MsG

?
I never said laws were retrospective.
He mentioned "guilt in a criminal conspiracy" and I agreed.
No one can change facts. What you can do is change a narrative. I don't argue with slavers or racists being celebrated in their time, I argue with them being celebrated now.

Likely only Historians celebrate their existence now, and pigeon shouters. No one else, apart from political agitators, likely even notices most of them.

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer

stacker1

On ROPS
On ROPs
Let's be clear, shall we? I don't attack the eight or nine ARRSErs in the clique, they attack me. It's all very well to state that I should ignore them, but they won't ignore me. Then they post stuff that's spectacularly exaggerated, just to make it seem even more improbable and far-fetched.

One example: As a member of HSV in Germany in the early 1970s, I stepped in as a substitute for a 4 x 100 m team member who was injured. Somehow, I ran a freakish 10.40 secs during the tryout. The competition was against a local team (SV Stellingen) and we won the race. That was the end of it for me since I was far more interested in concentrating on amateur boxing and gymnastics.

But over time, I became "Irish sprint champion", a candidate for the Olympics, a supposed member of the German Olympic Team (as an Irishman) and all manner of other configurations. And the gobshites do that time and again. You state that I shouldn't react to them, but why not ask why they find it so necessary to attack me all the time? Not that I take the goobies seriously in any way, but it does become very annoying when they spoil everyone else's enjoyment and constantly derail threads just to get in some stupid remark. I find that a very selfish attitude.

MsG

Bugsy, you pretend you ran a 10.4 in the 70s and yet not a single person there seem to realise that a bloke who "stepped in" would have been the Irish record holder? Not a single person from the team leader to the PTI to anyone with a passing interest in Athletics thought this bloke could make the Olympics?

If anyone I served with, just rocked up and ran 10.4 (bearing in mind the UK record is 9.87 set by Linford Christie in 1993, Irish record is 10.18 set in 2007). They would probably be put in the Army team with a view to representing their country.

I served with a bloke called Masu Audu who won a broze medal in the Olympics in the 4 x 400 metres.
His best on the 100m is 10.93.

You are a smelly old liar who has been caught out yet again, because you cant even tell a credible lie. Yet you still try to bluff that you ran that fast.

RBMK

War Hero

MsG
I've been involved with junior (U18 ) athletics for about 15 years in various forms up to national championship level. I've seen some extremly good athletes in that time including sprinters and high jumpers. The club I was associated with until last year has produced three GB athletes in the past 10 years.

To be brutally honest, I find your claim to have run 10.4s for a 100m extremely difficult to believe, and, if you could run that time, then why weren't you running in the Irish nationals? The current Irish outdoor record is 10.18 set in 2007 by Paul Hession, who also holds the 200m and 300m records. 10.4 would have put you in the Irish 4x100m Olympic team as a minimum.

If you could provide some proof of this e.g. send the record or link to the record to an independent MOD to preserve your persec, then the biters would be forced to back off.

Bugsy has derailed this thread. Can we lock him in his own forum so he can argue with himself?

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
To be brutally honest, I find your claim to have run 10.4s for a 100m extremely difficult to believe, and, if you could run that time, then why weren't you running in the Irish nationals? The current Irish outdoor record is 10.18 set in 2007 by Paul Hession, who also holds the 200m and 300m records. 10.4 would have put you in the Irish 4x100m Olympic team as a minimum.
First off; It happened after I left the British Army. I also wasn't at home in Ireland, but rather in Hamburg, West Germany where I was absolving my practical training as a picture-restorer.

Secondly; I had no real interest in sprinting as an athletic event. Of course, I went on regular runs to keep my fitness up and it was always good fun to practice interval sprints on the 400 m track. Just as it was fun to have a cabby at shot-put, high-jump, javelin and the hurdles etc. But my main interests were amateur boxing and gymnastics. The whole issue has been blown out of all proportion on ARRSE, but I won't be providing any "evidence" because I've no idea where I might get something like that from and because it wasn't (and still isn't) that important to me.

MsG

Any chance of returning to the topic at hand?

Step away from the handbags......

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
You are a smelly old liar who has been caught out yet again, because you cant even tell a credible lie. Yet you still try to bluff that you ran that fast.
Ooh! Jealous much, spackerman?:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

MsG

stacker1

On ROPS
On ROPs