'Topple the Racists' - a sustained attack on British History

Stabwedge

Clanker
My bold... I think that is true for a certain section of the "woke/virtue signalling" crowd, but most of the normal people have seen BLM for what it is and are totally fed up with our pathetic establishment still allowing them to flout our laws with impunity.
IMHO there will come a backlash which will be messy possibly bloody!
To use a BLM slogan, Silence is Violence. Too many people who oppose what's happening are staying silent out of paranoid fear that they, or their friends, will think them racist. It's the old guilt thing among polite society. Opposition to BLM and the protesters has nothing to do with race. In the same way that BLM's aims are no longer race related.

Break down of opinions:
Tiny section of society protesting.
Small section of supporters, the woke/virtue signallers.
Small section quiet but in support of the protesters.
Large majority opposed to the protests and overall aims of the protesters but staying silent.
Another small section voicing opposition.
Tiny section counter protesting.

Before anyone gets 'clever' I have no references or statistics to show this, it's just my belief of how British society splits on this issue.

My bold... I think that is true for a certain section of the "woke/virtue signalling" crowd, but most of the normal people have seen BLM for what it is and are totally fed up with our pathetic establishment still allowing them to flout our laws with impunity.
And I hope your opinion will be right.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
To use a BLM slogan, Silence is Violence. Too many people who oppose what's happening are staying silent out of paranoid fear that they, or their friends, will think them racist. It's the old guilt thing among polite society. Opposition to BLM and the protesters has nothing to do with race. In the same way that BLM's aims are no longer race related.

Break down of opinions:
Tiny section of society protesting.
Small section of supporters, the woke/virtue signallers.
Small section quiet but in support of the protesters.
Large majority opposed to the protests and overall aims of the protesters but staying silent.
Another small section voicing opposition.
Tiny section counter protesting.

Before anyone gets 'clever' I have no references or statistics to show this, it's just my belief of how British society splits on this issue.
That’s an interesting post and I can well understand how you came by your (unofficial) breakdown of opinions across the UK public. However, I’d venture to suggest that a lot of it is influenced by the heavily propagandised, right-wing media coverage of the issue.

As a member of the SWP, I’ve been very much involved in the movement for the past couple of years and even suggested at a meeting that the slogan (as I mentioned in a previous post) should be changed to: “Black Lives Matter Equally” in order to take the wind out of the sails of all those closet racists who then chirp up with: “Hamsters’/Eagles’/Voles’/Shoplifters’/[insert your living entity of choice] Lives Matter”. All to no avail, unfortunately.

But the present iteration of the movement, apart from being far broader and more profound than before, seems to have fundamentally shifted its main focus to the fact that it’s not just a “few bad apples” who perpetuate the present oppression of black folks, but that it’s a general systemic problem that won’t finally be resolved until there’s a radical change in the way society as a whole goes about things. It’s as if many more folks have realised that treating black folks as inferior beings is something that can no longer be tolerated and goes against all the “democratic principles” we’re supposed to believe in.

The reason why I state that is because the original movement (started four of five years ago, I believe) sort of fizzled out in the end, in spite of some spectacular actions. This time around, politicians in many countries are going to be very hard put to ignore the demos and they can’t be attributed to “a few dissidents” intent on causing A & D. The movement has, in the meantime, become far too wide-ranging for that.

MsG

Karamoja

War Hero
And a bloody good thing too.

Bagamoyo, incidentally, is a fascinating place to visit, especially if you're not a tourist and can spik Kiswahili. My family had a nice little beach-house there in the 60s, before any serious development, and later in the 90s I visited a couple of times. The locals had a real fear of anything German, which isn't any surprise, given both the oral and written history passed down to them, but seriously hated the Arabs, who had always represented a far more existential threat. The Arabs still lived there, and were still feared and hated. As a Brit, I was welcome, of course. Here's for you:

I’m weary for travelling has taken its toll,
Lay down my heart and calm my soul,
Happy haven, Bagamoyo.

While far away in my heart I saw,
A shimmering pearl on a jade-green shore,
Coast of palms, Bagamoyo.

Laden with spices and ivory,
Dhows sail in on the sparkling sea,
Rustling harbour, Bagamoyo.

There the women are pretty and fine,
All year round they drink palm wine,
Garden of love, Bagamoyo.

Under the stars hear the laughter ring,
From lovely girls as they dance and sing,
Velvet nights, Bagamoyo.

My spirits lift as the drumbeats Roll,
At last I’m home, Bagamoyo.

('Bagamoyo comes from Mbaga/mwaga - throw (down), Moyo - heart).
And a bloody good thing too.

Bagamoyo, incidentally, is a fascinating place to visit, especially if you're not a tourist and can spik Kiswahili. My family had a nice little beach-house there in the 60s, before any serious development, and later in the 90s I visited a couple of times. The locals had a real fear of anything German, which isn't any surprise, given both the oral and written history passed down to them, but seriously hated the Arabs, who had always represented a far more existential threat. The Arabs still lived there, and were still feared and hated. As a Brit, I was welcome, of course. Here's for you:

I’m weary for travelling has taken its toll,
Happy haven, Bagamoyo.

While far away in my heart I saw,
A shimmering pearl on a jade-green shore,
Coast of palms, Bagamoyo.

Laden with spices and ivory,
Dhows sail in on the sparkling sea,
Rustling harbour, Bagamoyo.

There the women are pretty and fine,
All year round they drink palm wine,
Garden of love, Bagamoyo.

Under the stars hear the laughter ring,
From lovely girls as they dance and sing,
Velvet nights, Bagamoyo.

My spirits lift as the drumbeats Roll,
At last I’m home, Bagamoyo.

('Bagamoyo comes from Mbaga/mwaga - throw (down), Moyo - heart).
Years ago I spent a couple of days at Saadani close to Bagamoyo. There was an old graveyard there, so old I couldn't make out any names and I have always wondered if they were Germans.

Karamoja

War Hero
I am beginning to think there will never be a backlash. The country's silent majority has now been so intimidated and terrorised by the left that it is now too browbeaten to even speak out. The silence about the recent toppling and removal of statues has been deafening.

Last edited:
As a member of the SWP, I’ve been very much involved in the movement for the past couple of years and even suggested at a meeting that the slogan (as I mentioned in a previous post) should be changed to: “Black Lives Matter Equally”
Of course you did.

I am beginning to think there will never be a backlash. The country's silent majority has now been so intimidated and terrorised by the left that it is now too browbeaten to even speak out. The silence about the recent toppling and removal of statues has been deafening.
That's just it. The only people who can speak out are those who have nothing to lose our are lucky enough not to worry about consequences due to economic security.

If a normal person were to go public and make a YouTube video about BLM then they would immediately be hailed as racist and lose their job/house/money etc and would no longer be able to support their family. And if they did go public then who else would be brave enough to join them? All out takes is your face in a newspaper or video for your employer to start asking awkward questions.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
That's just it. The only people who can speak out are those who have nothing to lose our are lucky enough not to worry about consequences due to economic security.

If a normal person were to go public and make a YouTube video about BLM then they would immediately be hailed as racist and lose their job/house/money etc and would no longer be able to support their family. And if they did go public then who else would be brave enough to join them? All out takes is your face in a newspaper or video for your employer to start asking awkward questions.
So go for it, Splashing_Crap! You're a convinced racist, so put your dosh where your gob is and produce a vid that you can upload to YooChoob. After all, the usual arguments of "forrinaz are after our wimmin" or "them 'darkies' are doing us out of our jobs" seem to have disappeared into the clouds. Why not start another civil conflict with: "dem forinnaz is changing our 'culture', eh?

What you don't want is that folks go back in time and ascertain just where that "culture" came from, eh?

MsG

So go for it, Splashing_Crap! You're a convinced racist, so put your dosh where your gob is and produce a vid that you can upload to YooChoob. After all, the usual arguments of "forrinaz are after our wimmin" or "them 'darkies' are doing us out of our jobs" seem to have disappeared into the clouds. Why not start another civil conflict with: "dem forinnaz is changing our 'culture', eh?

What you don't want is that folks go back in time and ascertain just where that "culture" came from, eh?

MsG
You probably are the greatest argument for everyone wanting foreigners to **** off back to where they came from.

Awol

LE
Pressure cookers always explode at some point. The longer the wait, the bigger the explosion.

Awol

LE
Years ago I spent a couple of days at Saadani close to Bagamoyo. There was an old graveyard there, so old I couldn't make out any names and I have always wondered if they were Germans.
They obviously weren’t. Anything the Germans make last for ever*.

Except Reichs, obviously.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
You probably are the greatest argument for everyone wanting foreigners to **** off back to where they came from.
If you were ever wondering why you're permanently banned from posting on "Current Affairs", spackerman, there's your answer right there. No wonder you have the undying reputation of being the only ARRSEr who can start an argument with himself - and lose.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

MsG

RBMK

War Hero
If you were ever wondering why you're permanently banned from posting on "Current Affairs", spackerman, there's your answer right there. No wonder you have the undying reputation of being the only ARRSEr who can start an argument with himself - and lose.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

MsG
Why not just grow up and ignore the insults instead of just kicking off at every opportunity?

Are you spring loaded to the offended position?

Stabwedge

Clanker
That’s an interesting post and I can well understand how you came by your (unofficial) breakdown of opinions across the UK public. However, I’d venture to suggest that a lot of it is influenced by the heavily propagandised, right-wing media coverage of the issue.

As a member of the SWP, I’ve been very much involved in the movement for the past couple of years and even suggested at a meeting that the slogan (as I mentioned in a previous post) should be changed to: “Black Lives Matter Equally” in order to take the wind out of the sails of all those closet racists who then chirp up with: “Hamsters’/Eagles’/Voles’/Shoplifters’/[insert your living entity of choice] Lives Matter”. All to no avail, unfortunately.

But the present iteration of the movement, apart from being far broader and more profound than before, seems to have fundamentally shifted its main focus to the fact that it’s not just a “few bad apples” who perpetuate the present oppression of black folks, but that it’s a general systemic problem that won’t finally be resolved until there’s a radical change in the way society as a whole goes about things. It’s as if many more folks have realised that treating black folks as inferior beings is something that can no longer be tolerated and goes against all the “democratic principles” we’re supposed to believe in.

The reason why I state that is because the original movement (started four of five years ago, I believe) sort of fizzled out in the end, in spite of some spectacular actions. This time around, politicians in many countries are going to be very hard put to ignore the demos and they can’t be attributed to “a few dissidents” intent on causing A & D. The movement has, in the meantime, become far too wide-ranging for that.

MsG
Firstly, thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Secondly, further thanks for assuming I have been influenced by the media. I suspect it's because my opinions are different to yours and your starting position is that I am wrong. I don't know you but going by your other posts on here you are coming at this from a left wing perspective. I am not, I'm probably more of a centrist. Left on some things, right on others and some I couldn't give a shite about. So because of that we probably won't agree on the subject at hand.

I don't believe that society is systemically racist. Sure, there are right wing, racist Loons. Just as there are left wing, racist Loons. Nobody could reasonably argue different. The majority in the middle? Doubtful.

You are also of the opinion that, until the protests, many folk believed treating black folks as inferior was tolerable. I don't believe the majority thought that. I would posit that, if anything, the protests have slightly hardened attitudes towards race. Just a bit but counterproductive all the same.

What we would agree on is that the protests have succeeded. From your point of view they are successful because they have highlighted their grievances spectacularly in terms of publicity. I think they have been successful, in BLM terms, because they have made the silent majority afraid to speak out against them. Silence is Consent. Consent is Support.

I'll stand by my opinion that modern British society isn't as divided as the Loons would have us believe.

PolSpec.jpg

MsG
Bugsy how many times have you been banned from the whole site.

Have you done anything about Robme yet? He's putting a lot of time and effort into taking your place as Site Chief Bullshitter, Fantasist and Conspiracy Loon.

There are certainly German Schutztruppe graves at Bagamoyo, two of which were at the Hanging Tree, close to the old boma building.

MsG
Wtf are you on about? Try responding to my post. All you've done there is ignore everything I've written and replied with a load of crap.

How can I put this eloquently so as not to cause offence? Shut the fcuk up.

MsG
'Splashing Crap'?

Fcuking hilarious.

No, really.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer

MsG
Bore off will ya.
you add nothing but take everything.
You spout bile, hate, lies and good old bullshit, even the Pigeons hate you. Reduce your carbon footprint by crawling into your 'skip du jour' and die.

Latest Threads