'Topple the Racists' - a sustained attack on British History

Whiskybreath said:
I wonder if you'd respond in kind supplying me with your sources that detail exactly how was the majority of people kidnapping in Africa was not done by a European system, that yes, employed some locals, but was essentially a foreign supply-demand. Please?
Well theres a shifted Goal post

Europeans kidnapped all the slaves

No Europeans Bought slaves off the natives

Becomes The slaves were kidnapped for the Europeans and then an attack on the denial of this - But nobody denied the slaves were taken for Europeans so you can shove that strawman up your arse.

As Slaves were being traded to the Arabs / north Africans Before Europeans became involved - I would dispute it was a European system - but rather the Europeans massively increased demand.

As for the Majority being for Europeans - I suspect thats plausible for the peak of the Atlantic slave trade 1730- 1820 but as the other trades both preceded and continued after Im somewhat doubtful of the claim most slaves were taken for Europeans.

As for Portugal being No 1 - I would have thought that went to romans - certainly in terms of % of global population
@Whiskybreath did not say that. See how 'fake news' starts?

This is changing the goal post: suddenly we're discussing percentage of populations 20 centuries ago? I'm sure Portuguese traffic was more than 2 to 5 million.
Not at all - I responded to your comment about the Portuguese - being the most prolific - You didn't state that you were referring to recent history - To the contrary you stated most prolific ever.
As such since Roman society was based on Slavery, then i stand by my point that adjusting for global population Rome was the most prolific.

Although im not sure where id place WW2 Germany which made extensive use of Slave Labour particularly Jews and Soviet POWs - conceding of course that kidnapping isnt how most were collected

As for youre dismissal of percentage population its a probably the most reliable bench mark, consider WW2 Bloodiest war in history by numbers killed - but doesn't even approach the destruction wrought by Genghis Khan in terms of % of population killed.

Hence my use of % population any slave trader in recent history has probably exceeded Rome in terms of numbers - because the global population is that much higher.

Last edited:

Niamac

GCM
As an aside all the statues can breath a sigh of relief this weekend
Pulling down statues.jpg

Certainly can if these mechanically illiterate people are trying to do it. I suppose they are all from sociology backgrounds.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Exactly. ALL the people that either captured, kidnapped, shipped, purchased, owned and benefited from crime are guilty. We're in agreement.
I think you need to check when & where slave trafficking became a crime. Laws are not retrospective in general.

Considering HOLMES is supposed to be the absolute reference point for investigation data, I'd love to have seen his justification.
He didn’t have any other than it was ‘right on’ to say it I think, he didn’t suggest it twice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Considering HOLMES is supposed to be the absolute reference point for investigation data, I'd love to have seen his justification.
Given that the Phoenix codes are a requirement of the CJA 1991 (s95, if memory serves) and are a Home Office requirement, then he needs reporting to Standards :)

As an aside all the statues can breath a sigh of relief this weekend as the fire of the knee takers is being directed at David Starkey.

Who I have always considered to be a bigoted bore so no loss there.
. . . and now, the fallout:

He really is a rather nasty old man.
A bellendish thing to do in the current climate, but I would have thought Cambridge university would have supported him, they were all for free speech when Dr Priyamavada Gopal was chopsing off.

AS the Germans were executing Belgian civilians in the first week of the First World War, I shudder to think what they would be like after a century of ultimate power.

My bold Hmm.. the victims were accused, incorrectly, of being franc-tireurs (civilian snipers) Most of the German rank and file genuinely believed that the locals were attacking them; this sniper delusion was sometimes countered by the commanding officers, sometimes not.
Don't forget the Kaiser was Queen Victoria's grandson and our Kings, George 5th, first cousin. The people in the main, prior to the war, didn't dislike the Germans as a race. Just look at the 1914 Xmas football match Christmas truce - Wikipedia

Regarding the disgusting racist Priyamvada Gopal.
Ever since I pinged her in the news it's bugged me who she reminds me of.

54541fb0-b6d5-11ea-bebe-c0d043a89dc8.jpg

I've now worked it out.

download (1).jpg

I think she's peeved at whitey after Bruce Willis ripped her dick off.
Yellow Bastard Lives Matter.

Awol

LE
My bold Hmm.. the victims were accused, incorrectly, of being franc-tireurs (civilian snipers) Most of the German rank and file genuinely believed that the locals were attacking them; this sniper delusion was sometimes countered by the commanding officers, sometimes not.
Don't forget the Kaiser was Queen Victoria's grandson and our Kings, George 5th, first cousin. The people in the main, prior to the war, didn't dislike the Germans as a race. Just look at the 1914 Xmas football match Christmas truce - Wikipedia
As I understand it, from memory, the Germans were being sniped at and dragged out a bunch of random civilians and shot them in reprisal.

As I say, it’s from memory, I could be wrong.

It's also conveniently forgotten that the black slaves were sold to the white slavers by other blacks. It was a form of tribal conflict in which the winning tribe sold their captors for money so a"win win" situation for them.

This is not an excuse for any sort of racism in the 21st century, merely a historical fact.

My bold ... true, but as a pleasant, educated (at LSE) Nigerian once told me after a verbal dispute with an Afro Caribbean worker one evening, it was mainly tribal criminals & useless ne'er-do-wells that were sold to save the tribe the problems as well.
He explained that his great grandfather, a tribal chief, had told him this and it was this inherent "bad blood" which gave the West Indians this characteristic!!

I smell a stale sock
Or a journo trying to whip up comments that will then be taken out of context to show what they want it too show, either way 'Rui' is not worth the effort of read let alone replying too... That his first posts was about enlisting shows he is likely to be a treasure trove of an admin nightmares should he enlist.

Awol

LE
Or a journo trying to whip up comments that will then be taken out of context to show what they want it too show, either way 'Rui' is not worth the effort of read let alone replying too... That his first posts was about enlisting shows he is likely to be a treasure trove of an admin nightmares should he enlist.
I really can’t see him enlisting in such a tool of imperialist oppression as the British Army.

Excuse me, "some" were sold by indigenous powers but THE VAST MAJORITY WERE CAPTURED AND KIDNAPPED by european "discoverers".

What an absolute load load of rubbish, if you know anything about Africa & its history you will realise that very, very few Europeans ventured beyond the coast of west & central Africa until the late 19th Century. Hence the wonder at Livingstone who went in 1852 & discovered the water falls he named after Victoria in 1855! He was the FIRST white man ever to venture that far inland!
The principal reason was disease which killed many off, even on the coast. The sailors saying says it all .. “Beware, beware the Bight of Benin, for few come out though many go in.”
So how how on earth these intrepid chaps were able to mount any large scale raid to go inland & capture slaves is nonsense.
The vast majority went & traded with tribes on the coast for slaves which the tribes wanted to get rid of, spending as little time as possible on shore!
The Arabs on the East coast were more adventurous and went inland more but again utilised African tribes who had either converted to Islam or were being paid!!

one could look at this another way

slavery saved millions of black lives - if the competing tribes hadn‘t sold them as slaves to the white man, there’s little doubt about how their prisoners would have ended up

AA07E0FC-9453-43F2-9C80-1156FB7AAF3C.jpeg

Latest Threads