'Topple the Racists' - a sustained attack on British History

endure

GCM
"He said the the posters "must have been up for quite a while" which was "more shocking".

"I would have thought someone else would have taken them down," he said.

"I thought this was a pretty open town."

Unless you're white apparently ;-)
High time that a serious legal complaint was made about this ridiculous figure.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
I've always thought that a far better slogan would've been (or still would be): "Black Lives Matter Equally", which is especially important in the US, where naked racism is still very much of a real problem.

MsG

Certainly seems to be working in America where they lock up more people than any other country on Earth.

If you want to live in a police state, why not move to Dubai?
If there was an English version with the Queen instead of a mad mullah and there was no Islamic religious bs then I would.

Unfortunately there is only one England and we're losing it to mass immigration. It's not like we can go elsewhere and call it our natural homeland.

I've always thought that a far better slogan would've been (or still would be): "Black Lives Matter Equally", which is especially important in the US, where naked racism is still very much of a real problem.

MsG
That would be a good idea but the time has gone.
We have now moved into a phase that criminalises any variation on 'BLM' in which the word 'Black' is substituted for another especially 'White' or 'All'.
We effectively have a two tier system of law enforcement and it is being widely noticed.
The consequences of this stance are as of yet unclear but I would suggest that they won't be good.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Unfortunately there is only one England and we're losing it to mass immigration. It's not like we can go elsewhere and call it our natural homeland.
Oh my, you must be devastated! Any more racist themes you'd like to share?

If I mind rightly, humankind originally "emigrated" from Central Africa to all over the world. Ancient tribes relocated to other parts as soon as they realised their existing environment wasn't conducive to the longevity of their lineage. The US, as we know it, would never have got off the ground without millions of immigrants, and neither would have Brazil or many islands in the West Indies.

It seems that it's OK for you for Italians, Spanish, Portuguese, Germans etc to "emigrate" to the UK but not folks you apparently disapprove of. As I stated: racist much?

Folks from different cultures and climates have mutually influenced each other for centuries. Have you ever thought about why that should suddenly have become such a "problem" in relatively recent times? Sure, you'll respond that "they" are watering down "our" culture. Although you obviously haven't spared a thought as to how that culture developed, nor for all the ancient, and often very advanced, cultures that were "watered down/destroyed" or had "foreign" attitudes forced upon them by the arrival of the much-lauded British Empire.

MsG

RBMK

War Hero
The problem comes when the fundamental culture and values of a country are subsumed by the immigrant culture and numbers and the immigrants become ghetto-ised.

This is especially true when the immigrants do not share the same cultural norms as the culture that they enter. For example, the number of sub-continental families that are seeing increased genetic defects due to their propensity for marrying close relations.

ETA: It's become a problem because of the sheer numbers of both legal and illegal migrants.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
That would be a good idea but the time has gone.
We have now moved into a phase that criminalises any variation on 'BLM' in which the word 'Black' is substituted for another especially 'White' or 'All'.
We effectively have a two tier system of law enforcement and it is being widely noticed.
The consequences of this stance are as of yet unclear but I would suggest that they won't be good.
I'm sorry, but I would tend to disagree. I believe that if the slogan was changed, even at this late stage, to: "Black Lives Matter Equally" it would go a long way to debunking all the disgusting white racist slogans trying to rob the original message of its validity, along with "Racoons' Lives Matter", "Caribous' Lives Matter" and all the rest of the bollix they've produced.

You have to remember that I come from a background in which "Irish Lives Don't Matter" was a "given" for Brits for 800 years. Any social upheaval that tends towards folks finally achieving real and genuine social, civil and human rights is a cause that strikes a chord in every Irish heart. Which is why I fervently hope that the present worldwide movement finally reaches that aim.

The intriguing question that I ask is: "why are so many folks obsessively determined to deny others the civil and human rights they enjoy themselves?

MsG

I'm sorry, but I would tend to disagree. I believe that if the slogan was changed, even at this late stage, to: "Black Lives Matter Equally" it would go a long way to debunking all the disgusting white racist slogans trying to rob the original message of its validity, along with "Racoons' Lives Matter", "Caribous' Lives Matter" and all the rest of the bollix they've produced.

You have to remember that I come from a background in which "Irish Lives Don't Matter" was a "given" for Brits for 800 years. Any social upheaval that tends towards folks finally achieving real and genuine social, civil and human rights is a cause that strikes a chord in every Irish heart. Which is why I fervently hope that the present worldwide movement finally reaches that aim.

The intriguing question that I ask is: "why are so many folks obsessively determined to deny others the civil and human rights they enjoy themselves?

MsG
I used two alternatives to the original of which one is now deemed to be a 'Hate Crime'
I take it that somehow you include those two alternatives in your definition of "Disgusting White Racist Slogans".
If you really believe that to be the case then there is something up with you.

Snip/

MsG
Didn't stop you betraying your roots and serving the Crown, did it?

Cheers easy.

You have some of the most extreme views of anyone posting on ARRSE. You'll fit right in with the BLM movement.
They aren't....at least not in Britain. Try looking towards Africa and the Middle East if you want to see human rights abuses and slavery.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Didn't stop you betraying your roots and serving the Crown, did it?

Cheers easy.
It also didn't stop generations of Irish before me from joining the British Army, including my GreatGranda (BoerWar, India), my Granda (WWI) and my Da (WWII). And let's not forget, shall we, that 30 percent of the British Army that defeated Napoleon at Waterloo was comprised of Irishmen.

Now tell me, Flan_Flinger Feebles, did they all "betray their roots"?:-D:-D:-D

MsG

It also didn't stop generations of Irish before me from joining the British Army, including my GreatGranda (BoerWar, India), my Granda (WWI) and my Da (WWII). And let's not forget, shall we, that 30 percent of the British Army that defeated Napoleon at Waterloo was comprised of Irishmen.

MsG
Your cunning changing of a username is hilarious.
No, seriously.

Did your forebears turncoat like you have?

RBMK

War Hero

MsG
Once again an overly simplistic view of things designed to provoke a reaction.

Nobody is trying to deny any form of rights to anyone else, certainly within the UK, but let's remember that "positive discrimination" is still discrimination.

I'm part Irish and I've never come across an Irish human rights issue so I'm wondering where you get that from. Perhaps I'm just not as old as you, but I grew up in a mixed English / Irish community in the 1960s and 70s.

MsG
No they didn't, because between January 1801, up until December 1922 they were part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
... that 30 percent of the British Army that defeated Napoleon at Waterloo was comprised of Irishmen.

Now tell me, <pointless 'hilarious' name change removed>, did they all "betray their roots"

MsG
That's a figure produced purely by guesswork by Irish army officer Lieutenant Colonel Dan Harvey, there are no records to verify it as being factual, same goes for the number of Irish casualties which he takes the average of 25% and applies it across all Irish Regiments and all regiments that were known or thought to have Irish components.

There were three Irish regiments at Waterloo, the 27th Foot (Inniskilling Fusiliers), the 6th Inniskilling Dragoons and the 18th (King’s Irish) Hussars. The 1st Regiment of Foot (infantry) and 32nd Foot had some Irish components, the key thing is that they all had English officers.
And no, I don't think your predecessors betrayed their roots, they clearly did it for the money.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Your cunning changing of a username is hilarious.
No, seriously.

Did your forebears turncoat like you have?
Glad you appreciated it, fella!

Did your forebears turncoat like you? Why don't you ask them, mush?:mrgreen:

MsG

MsG
Are paddies or blacks denied civil or human rights in the UK?

One day you stupid boggies will realise most poor people (including the English) were treated like shit in the past and move on from your victim status.

On the plus side for the SWP, it appears that BLM are anti Semitic.

Latest Threads