Topics on Current Affairs

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Balleh, Apr 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The front page of Current Affairs has 4 Announcements, 12 Stickies and and only 13 Topics.

The number of Stickies has increased considerably over the months to the disadvantage of Topics.

Any chance that the number of Stickies can be reduced so that the first page can display more Topics?

I am sure that once a topic slips onto page 2 it loses momentum and it can do that within a few hours even though it may be very current.

We are all lazy :)
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Not a bad idea.
  3. Hope the mods agree.
  4. Howsabout having so many stickies that the first current topic is on page two, then you cold have a page full of current current affairs. I suggest a sticky which highlights this.
  5. Has anyone PMd the Current Affairs Mod on this?
  6. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I've flagged it up elsewhere for the CA mods.
  8. Any progress on the CA sticky front? By my count, there are 4 of the bloody things asking the same question on voting intentions at varying stages of the campaign. Is it Current Affairs or the ARRSE Anally-retentive over-monitoring forum?
  9. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

The stance at the moment is that as a lot of these will be removed after the GE, it's not too much of a problem. PTP however, has asked the COs if we can have an increased amount of topics per page in CA which should help.