Top tips for the mess!

#4
bohs_man said:
Just come off the board :D , proud as punch, any tips etc?
Yes. Under no circumstances boast about being promoted on an internet chat site or people might think you're typical of the gobby, immature chav cnuts which are slowly being trickled into the hallowed turf of the WO's and Sergeants mess's these days.........................oops..............too late.
 
#6
FiveAlpha said:
bohs_man said:
Just come off the board :D , proud as punch, any tips etc?
Yes. Under no circumstances boast about being promoted on an internet chat site or people might think you're typical of the gobby, immature chav cnuts which are slowly being trickled into the hallowed turf of the WO's and Sergeants mess's these days.........................oops..............too late.
ever the optimist!
 
#8
Just come off the board and you are still capable of typing at this time of night?

What is the Army coming to?
 
#10
March straight into the RSM’s office and tell him that you want to change the name of the mess back to its proper title:

“The Sergeants’ Mess” and not the made up title of “The Warrant Officers’ and Sergeants’ Mess”.
 
#12
It's a little known fact that most RSMs can't drive. So you can park in his space out the front. He can't bollock you if he doesn't drive, can he?
 
#14
Don't lean on the RSM when you're taking a piss at the end of the evening. It ain't big and it ain't clever. Congratulations to those that joined their respective messes today.

Sure this thread has to be a wah! (On ARRSE at 10:30pm on the day you join the mess)?
 
#15
Feel free to shift any silver that's left on the table during a Dinner Night. It just clutters the place up.
 
#17
When dining out guests on dinner nights, stand up and call "the bar's open" after the RSM's speech. Everyone moves to the bar and you can listen to boring guests speeches while drinking something long and cold and not cheap crap tasting contractor provided port!
 
#18
ABrighter2006 said:
Sure this thread has to be a wah! (On ARRSE at 10:30pm on the day you join the mess)?
I went to promotion drinks yesterday (not my own obviously) in the mess and I was hammered. I don't know if you noticed or not!

Sober at 2230hrs on the day you got promoted? How very dare you!

Always remember to tell the RSM what changes you think you should be made in the mess. He will appreciate it. Especially after you have had at least 12 pints.

Hope this helps.
 
#19
Flying Felix said:
March straight into the RSM’s office and tell him that you want to change the name of the mess back to its proper title:

“The Sergeants’ Mess” and not the made up title of “The Warrant Officers’ and Sergeants’ Mess”.
Ours is called the Sergeants Mess
 
#20
doubleduck said:
Flying Felix said:
March straight into the RSM’s office and tell him that you want to change the name of the mess back to its proper title:

“The Sergeants’ Mess” and not the made up title of “The Warrant Officers’ and Sergeants’ Mess”.
Ours is called the Sergeants Mess
And so it should be! :p

I may be wrong, but I think that WOs are still guests in the Sgt Mess because the Officers would not have them. 8O

Only seen one unit change the mess's name back to "The Sergeants' Mess".
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
subbsonic Int Corps 321
jarrod248 Now That's What I Call NAAFI Bar 1587
Ciggie The NAAFI Bar 9

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top