Top tips for staying cool during the heatwave

I thought that this was going to be about summer fashion tips. The ladies can wear things like summer dresses, but what about blokes? I have interview next week. I am expected to dress smartly in a suit, as per normal. Can I ditch the jacket?

When not in a formal setting, should shirts be plain or patterned?
Dark suit, plain white shirt and sober tie.
I had a few candidates wearing shiny grey 'wedding suits' with tie knots the size of your fist, funnily enough they were on hot days too. By the time they turn up at the office, what with the heat and the nerves, they looked like a panda.
Top tip, don't wear white socks to an interview in a dark suit.

ETA: As the mod said, depends on the job.

Good luck.

I thought that this was going to be about summer fashion tips. The ladies can wear things like summer dresses, but what about blokes? I have interview next week. I am expected to dress smartly in a suit, as per normal. Can I ditch the jacket?

Drop the recruiter a call - but it's better to be over rather than under dressed.

Ask the Dude...

I may try the unicorn outfit tomorrow as it has it's own fan unit, it kept me bloody freezing at the funeral

Start work nice and early is what I'm doing, 6.30-7am outdoors is a bloody magical time. By the time real heat rolls round at 2ish, I've done most of a day anyway including the physical stuff like hedge cutting, then either work in the shade or just fuck off home.

Mrsheeny

War Hero
If you have a hot water tank then switch off your hot water, if its been on then run it off otherwise it'll act as a massive radiator on your landing.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
When you shower, don't over-dry your hair. Do it just enough to stop it dripping, and then let the rest evaporate.

I appreciate that this may be difficult for some ARRSErs.

When you shower, don't over-dry your hair. Do it just enough to stop it dripping, and then let the rest evaporate.

I appreciate that this may be difficult for some ARRSErs.
What? Stopping dripping?

Lived in Madrid for a while and it's 40+ every day. When I got up for a p*ss, had a shower and back in bed wet under a fan. Stayed cool long enough to get back to sleep. Also had slatted security shutters on the front and rear balcony doors to get a breeze through. Rented flat so wasn't going to spring for an AC unit.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Lived in Madrid for a while and it's 40+ every day. When I got up for a p*ss, had a shower and back in bed wet under a fan. Stayed cool long enough to get back to sleep. Also had slatted security shutters on the front and rear balcony doors to get a breeze through. Rented flat so wasn't going to spring for an AC unit.

You mean you actually got up for a piss?

You mean you actually got up for a piss?
Didn't want to get into bad habits for when I got home. Also I never worked out the Spanish for 'kingsized rubber sheet'.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Its dropped to below 30 for the first time in about 4,days. Me and dog thankful.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Just turn down the temp on your Ecobee and let the HVAC aircon do its thing. Honestly. Its 32C today and I really don't understand what the issue is.

Just turn down the temp on your Ecobee and let the HVAC aircon do its thing. Honestly. Its 32C today and I really don't understand what the issue is.
Aircon energy costs in the UK are a bit more expensive.
Let us have our 5 days of summer moaning.

Latest Threads