• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Top Tip - grand National Day

As today is the Grand National, I thought I would pass on this "racing cert". Des Browne is a four-flushing, power-grubbing, derelict of a man with no moral compass who is NOT looking forward to Monday and the new working week.

Honest, I heard it from an Irishman in a pub...

I realise I am about to be serverely Waah'd!

But a genuine tip for the national , from "someone" on the inside is L'Ami - currently at 20's. I've got a harry on it.

I've got twenty-five of the fcukers running, so some shyte has got to stick surely? This tactic did not, however, work last year, so...? Sonevafushi my (desperate) hope.

caubeen said:
cpunk said:
Oracle said:
Oracle said:
Mckelvey

currently 12-1, go on, it'll win
OK, second - hope you all backed it each way.
I did :D
And very satisfactory too.

How could I resist horses with the same names as my favourite tree and my first platoon sgt.?

And it's almost Bushmills o'clock.
First and second? Well Done!!

Four of my six were there or there abouts at some stage but either refused or fell. My nearest were Liberthine and Simon :(

Sven said:
caubeen said:
cpunk said:
Oracle said:
Oracle said:
Mckelvey

currently 12-1, go on, it'll win
OK, second - hope you all backed it each way.
I did :D
And very satisfactory too.

How could I resist horses with the same names as my favourite tree and my first platoon sgt.?

And it's almost Bushmills o'clock.
First and second? Well Done!!

Four of my six were there or there abouts at some stage but either refused or fell. My nearest were Liberthine and Simon :(
That v. pleasing double conceals three others that didn't pay up. But with 25% of the field being Irish, it seemed likely something would produce the goods, if one did e-ws and doubles on Irish runners.

But Locksmith on Thursday was the star. A fairly serious e-w investment three weeks before at 25:1 enabled me to buy several bottles of Bushmills - one of which is currently open and by your elbow, m'dear sir. And do pass it this way when you've finished with it, like a good chap.

I watched Aces 4?? run the other day - if it is entered in the next couple of years I will surely stick more than my usual quid each way - what a horse

picked three horses at 20p a horse with wife and kids as a fun bet at home, £3 in the pot altogether and not a horse left standing for me. Just going to mug my oldest son to reclaim my 60p who had first and third jammy sod.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
caubeen said:
braveheart said:
i think silver birch will win
I hope you plunged deeply - and may now be able to retire. :D

You could have got 60:1 on SB yesterday.

Ahem....wish he'd posted that last week - instead of about the time Silver Birch was three from home !

( I take it Little Brick was pulled N/R some while ago ?)

Lee Shaver

Goatman said:
caubeen said:
braveheart said:
i think silver birch will win
I hope you plunged deeply - and may now be able to retire. :D

You could have got 60:1 on SB yesterday.

Ahem....wish he'd posted that last week - instead of about the time Silver Birch was three from home !

( I take it Little Brick was pulled N/R some while ago ?)

Lee Shaver
"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride!" - and some of us do. :D

Behold the vista of 5 weeks of glorious jump-racing laid out before you, most notably in Ireland, :1: before the decadence of the Flat takes over, and we all have to go fishing to find a stimulus. :oops:

Forget about Little Brick - probably for some time, actually. :x

Latest Threads