• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Top Ten Low Fly Pasts

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Vague memory - isn't there a stunt B17 flyby where it buzzes the tower in the film 'Memphis Belle'?

Odo_de_StAmand said:
Oh dear........Lightnings had two fuselage mounted AAMs not a couple on each wing.....

Odo
Oh dear me too......

'below each ' instead of 'on'.

Sorry, Brains, I'll go and do 100 lines for my dreadful mistake :oops:

Thunderbird (Black Buck) One - Out

Both # 2 and 3 were filmed in Chad.

#2 is a French Air Force KC-135 over the Moussoro range and #3 is a French Air Force Mirage F-1CT, probably over the Abéché airstrip.

The guy who stands in the middle of the airstrip is currently a LTC in the Foreign Legion...it was of course a stupid bet, he had told the pilot he would not bow his head....

I remember being at the British Grand Prix at Brands Hatch one year (I was so young I can't remember which year). They had a Harrier do a pre-race display.....came so low several hospitality tents lost their awnings, everything went flying, people diving for cover. I was in awe, never seen a Harrier before, but it left a lasting impression and have loved them ever since.

mmmm....sooty?

Flash, thanks for bringing this silly thread back down to earth so to speak....

showing off generally only achieves one thing - ending lives....

It aint big and it aint clever...

_Chimurenga_

LE
Gallery Guru
The-Lord-Flasheart said:

"10/01/1991

Gazelle AH1 - ZB675 - AAC Gulf Det

Crashed into the desert in Saudi Arabia after the main rotor struck the ground during an unauthorised display."

Reversionary_Modes said:
flapback said:
mmmm....sooty?

You may have a point.
The comments to this video say it all

How about this? :soldier:

Attachments

What about this. It's been posted before i know but impressive non the less and includes a merlin.LINKY

_Chimurenga_ said:
"10/01/1991

Gazelle AH1 - ZB675 - AAC Gulf Det

Crashed into the desert in Saudi Arabia after the main rotor struck the ground during an unauthorised display."
How unfortunate, did the crew survive ?

Doesn't look like they did in that mess.

I've never trusted a chopper with a single engine, especially over water.......

Black Buck One - Out

tally_target said:
I have some very good one alas not to be posted on here. Those who know .... Well you know I guess. Cleared hot
Have you got any of when you were banging half the civvy munters on here? When you used to be paveway 3.

happybonzo said:
Reversionary_Modes said:
flapback said:
mmmm....sooty?

You may have a point.
The comments to this video say it all
mikemoair (1 month ago)

man he was a great pilot right up to the piont of impack

Latest Threads