• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Top Ten Low Fly Pasts

BlackBuckOne said:
Some cracking video footage here.

http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=19448

Forget the clip at the start of that ******** Tom Cruise......

My favourite is No 3, the RAF Harrier, is this guy cool or what ?

In fact there are several showing British jets and UK personel

Black Buck One - Out
Is that sound of the engine or the pilot whining? :D I've got to disagree with you there I think the Mirage has got to be the best and the KC135 is also impressive.

Kinell!!! I'm sure some of the drivers have to shake the gravel out of their foreskins when they land. When they fly that low, does the height-show thingy on the dashboard (sorry about the technical terms there) actually indicate "six foot" or "ten foot", or do they just trust to luck?

MsG

F

fozzy

soprano54 said:
BlackBuckOne said:
Some cracking video footage here.

http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=19448

Forget the clip at the start of that ******** Tom Cruise......

My favourite is No 3, the RAF Harrier, is this guy cool or what ?

In fact there are several showing British jets and UK personel

Black Buck One - Out
Is that sound of the engine or the pilot whining? :D I've got to disagree with you there I think the Mirage has got to be the best and the KC135 is also impressive.
The KC-135 is impressive in that the wings didn't come off! That's some feat of flying.

B

blindfire

That Spitfire is good lol

there is another one out there on you tube from a Luftwaffe F-4F Phantom...screaming over..must have blown the eardrums off the onlookers :lol:

A colleague of mine, who also was the second on the balcony, used to have a job manning a radio in FI.
If it looked like Argie-Air was on the way, he'd press the button on the radio, and say, "Cue", or "Scramble" or whatever, and the jets on the runway would screech into the blue yonder to go do some war.

On his afternoon off, he went to a bunker buried such that the runway is at eye level, and wagered that none of the drivers could do a flypast low enough for the plane to be visible in the narrow slit of the bunker.

After about the 3rd attempt, they'd got it. By our hero keeps telling them that they're nowhere near, and they get progressively lower and lower.

Eventually he has to concede that he's lost the bet and hands over his hard-earned beer tokens. He was sad to lose the money, but claims it was worth it to see the the look on the all the visiting admiral-types who lost their hats that day.

smudge67 said:
As much as I admire the flying. They're still homos.

This is also ARRSE, not PPRUNE, and in current affairs, not Aviation. FAIL ;)
Indeed, as one of our most famous WWI officers said - "they may go up-diddly-up, but they're still gits".

Two years ago at Kidwlly rugby club the crab announcer said "Ladies and gents did you know that the Lancaster bomber was very good at low level bombing" ( went on about the raid when Cheshire won th VC) and then said " I give you The Ciry of Lincoln" Well the fcuking thing came over at about thirty feet scarring the crap out of everyone, tents almost blown down,dogs barking, complet turmoil, I WAS PURE MAJIC, the roar of the Merlins at that hight was deafening, the ground shook ,brilliant

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
tropper66 said:
Two years ago at Kidwlly rugby club the crab announcer said "Ladies and gents did you know that the Lancaster bomber was very good at low level bombing" ( went on about the raid when Cheshire won th VC) and then said " I give you The Ciry of Lincoln" Well the fcuking thing came of at about thirty feet scarring the crap out of everyone, tents almost blown down,dogs barking, complet turmoil, I WAS PURE MAJIC, the roar of the Merlins at that hight was deafening, the ground shook ,brilliant

Bring back fond memories of your time with The Dam-Busters did it?

smudge67 said:
As much as I admire the flying. They're still homos.
Oh dear, there's always one....

I believe the last case of someone being charged with Homosexuality when it was illegal in the military, was several chaps in the Army.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few...."

Per Ardua ad Astra

Black Buck One - Out.

Latest Threads