Top "spy" in coma

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by scrofula, Jul 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did anyone else spot this story in yesterday morning's online Telegraph? Basically some top flight civil servant heading up a hush-hush committee was found in his London flat in a coma, poisoning ruled out. Anyone put a name to the bloke? Story had disappeared without a trace by 10:00 CET. Bit odd.

2. He's the Chairman of the JIC and the story has been all over the media and remains so.

3. Telegraph doesn't have anything.....I'll have a look elsewhere. Thanks for that.

4. Oi, Sergey - have you been been a naughty boy(again)?

"Here, comrade, enjoy a lovely cup of tea. No, don't worry - it's supposed to glow like that..." :twisted:

5. I first heard about the story two days ago, and it just seemed like an illness, but today's broadsheets are definitely suggesting that a conspiracy is underway!

On reading this morning's press, I wondered how Arrse would treat the story. This thread seems somewhat tame! Maybe, we should beef it up a bit?

Litotes

6. Ah, well the truth will out Litotes.

It was The_Snail that got to him, in an ill-though out plan to inflict The_Snail's intelligence and opinions that should be heard at the highest level. :D

The only question now, Is just what did Snail do, to leave the "target" in this condition?

7. Sit on him?

8. I thought the Snail was a little more careful than that; surely she would not have left him comatose. He might recover and talk....

Litotes

9. Evidently he survived going for a walk in the Oxfordshire woods and further measures were necessary....