Top Shot....Sky Military Channel

I watched this earlier and expected both the shooting and spotting to be of a greater standard.

I did and thought it was a bit of a cheeky challenge.

I quite like it. A British version would be slightly disappointing, with a .177 air rifle and the opportunity to throw stones at tin cans.

I quite like it. A British version would be slightly disappointing, with a .177 air rifle and the opportunity to throw stones at tin cans.
Perhaps if we were to remove such aggressive and immflamatory words such as "Rifle" and violent words like "throw"? Maybe "Compressed air Lead dispersal unit".

I watched the final last night and interestingly Iain Harrison won.

Looking through the London Gazette the only one I can find that matches the time line is a Stuart Iain Harrison RRF

Search Results
I was an infantry officer commissioned in 1990. I spent about 8 years serving in that capacity. I started out as Armored Infantry and then did a spell as dismounted Close Recon. Then I did a bunch of other jobs like Second in Command of the Company and Operations.
Cheaper Than Dirt! Interviews Top Shot Winner Iain Harrison | The Shooter's Log
There's even a Facebook fan page :roll:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Official-Iain-Harrison-Top-Shot-Fan-Page/129376593762505

He is by the sounds of it ex RRF. He spoke early on about a blue on blue during the first gulf war, which would tally. Came across very well, in my opinion.

He was TA attached to 1RRF in Bosnia in 1995/6 as a Coy Ops Offr (the Coy also had a Regular 2ic).

I don't know if he was Regular prior to that, but if so must have left after 3/4 years max service. I don't think he was with 3RRF on GRANBY.

He was a gun/webbing nut.

T

Tinman74

There's are other series out there for military History to air, it's a good channel with some little gems hidden amongst the usual, Lost films of the Vietnam war was cracking!!

I'm watching season 4 now, got quite into it. Lots of sportmanship on display over the various seasons with only an ex SEAL officer being a complete chopper.

**** a duck - 'Jake' the ex Navy Seal officer - what an utter cnut!