Top Shot- Reality TV/Shooting Competition

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Tartan_Terrier, Oct 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They've been showing this programme on Danish TV recently, (though we're still watching the first series from 2010!) It starts off with 16 competitors and gets whittled down to one through shooting events with various, rifles, pistols, shotguns, bows, and primitive weapons. The winner gets $100,000 in prize money.

Unfortunately there is all the usual underhand stuff between the contestants that we've seen on similar 'reality' type gameshows, but the shooting events are very entertaining.

Here is the official website Top Shot — History.com TV Episodes, Schedule, & Video

I think all the episodes are available on Youtube if you do a search.

Have they shown this on British TV at all? In my opinion it's the kind of thing that could bring a lot of new shooters to the sport.

Cheers
    T_T

2. I think that in UK they've just screened "American Guns", but as a kind of disinformation campaign aimed at portraying gunsmiths and shooters as dysfunctional wierdos.....

Oh wait, I just looked in the mirror and...

3. Already being screened - for several weeks - on Sky. I think it's on a Friday night on one of those Channels starting at 520.

I saw it once and thought it was typical American shite. But, we're all different.

4. It is quite American, but since it's shot in the US for the American market that's pretty understandable. One of the contestants on the first series was a Brit though; Captain Iain Harrison ex-RRF, I believe.

5. http://www.arrse.co.uk/films-music-all-things-artsy/175712-top-shot-sky-military-channel.html

6. Yep, he won series one, series two is available on the history channel Fridays at 22.00hrs.

7. If you are interested in watching the series(s) they are available here
    YTEpisodes

8. Spoiler! Is there any point watching it now :-(

9. Yep just to see the septics faces when a County Durham lad wins!

10. Fair enough, northern is better than nowt I suppose...

I notice on pb that I can get up to season 3 and season 4 seems to be on at the moment in the US, not that I would ever download TV episodes as it is obviously very very naughty.

11. What's the code then?

12. Not wanting to support piracy in any way I can't possibly suggest that you search piratebay.org as that would be illegal