Top Secret assessment left on train!!

A passenger on the train from Waterloo in London to Surrey spotted an envelope the papers were in abandoned on a seat and handed the documents to the BBC.
Are the beeb now the fourth fcuking emergency service?

latest government intelligence on al-Qaeda
So its a picture drawn in crayon of a stick person with a long beard with the caption "these peepul r naughty"?

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
A passenger on the train from Waterloo in London to Surrey spotted an envelope the papers were in abandoned on a seat and handed the documents to the BBC.

So its a picture drawn in crayon of a stick person with a long beard with the caption "these peepul r naughty"?
Look on the positive side - if it had been found by some Chav we would be reading all about it in tomorrows Sun. I bet someone at the Beeb has copied them though.

If they have been left unintentionally then I am very worried. However (call a crazy conspiracy theorist if you must) is it not possible that this could be either a regular exchange (thats been done rather clumsily) or even intentional misinformation.

Or worst case scenario theres a rat in MI6 who is selling national secrets, in which case I hope he "disappears".

Also it's quite a coincidence that the terror bill was up for discussion and these documents have gone missing the same day. 8O

The document shouldn't have even been carried around in such a manner, definately shouldn't have been out to read or otherwise (to enable it to be left on a train seat), which makes me think it was a leak.

Flashy I see you are familiar with our intelligence techniques! Crayons at the ready!

fusil89 said:
If they have been left unintentionally then I am very worried. However (call a crazy conspiracy theorist if you must) is it not possible that this could be either a regular exchange (thats been done rather clumsily) or even intentional misinformation.

Or worst case scenario theres a rat in MI6 who is selling national secrets, in which case I hope he "disappears".

Also it's quite a coincidence that the terror bill was up for discussion and these documents have gone missing the same day. 8O
Its more likely to be some stupid cock with absolutly no common sense whatsoever. Like the twat who left the recruiting laptop in his car.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:

For some one still serving you should know your classifications, as the document was top secret the person described in the said document should have actually been Very naughty rather than naughty?

green_slime said:
You see later it is a SECRET document.

BBC home of excellent reporting as usual
Um, if you look at the document. It is clearly PM Top Secret and then some.

The thing is also dated 5 June 08.

Methinks the cabinet office have been light with the truth.

This is a horrendous breach of security. TS on a train??!

However - I'll be monitoring this thread carefully. I don't want to see any discussion on the details of the document or it's specific PM other than it's Top Secret. There will undoubtedly be someone conducting an investigation and heads may indeed roll but I don't want to see speculation and chit chat which may go outside of the remit of UNCLASSIFED on here. That includes discussion of JSP440 and what it says about what should have or have not been done..

The-Lord-Flasheart said:

No but they probably pay more!

Flashie's depiction looks a whole lot more realistic that the report on WMD that was being hawked about.

What a joke, though. I get the (perfectly justified) bollocking of my life for the shameful act of leaving a very low level PM doc in a photocopier, albeit in a sealed highly secure environment, and these pin striped tw*ats are distributing them to all and sundry on railway carriages and leaving laptops containing higher level stuff in pubs ffs.

Contents aside, the idiot who did this deserves to be flayed alive.

"Horror" covers that well.

Global press splash: Bexhill Observer to the El Paso Times.

Still, at least it was someone Surrey bound from Waterloo and thus found by a decent sort no doubt in First Class. God alone knows what would have happened if Sarf London bound from Charing Cross with the proles. :roll:

Blogg said:

Still, at least it was someone Surrey bound from Waterloo and thus found by a decent sort no doubt in First Class. God alone knows what would have happened if Sarf London bound from Charing Cross with the proles. :roll:
Good point but if the person who found it was at all decent he would have handed it to the nearest Poilce station, not the media.

Blogg said:

They would have probably amended and updated the info to bring it up to date before handing it over to the Sunday Sport. :roll:

Part of me hopes it was left lying by a minister rushing to vote this evening. :twisted:

I hope that a charitable view is taken of the fact that it was handed to the BBC. I bet if it was handed to the police or MoD then nothing would have been heard and we would have continued in blissful ignorance until it happened again. At least this way public outrage is stoked a little.

As for the idiot who lost it - if he or she needed to take a seven page report out of its very secure location to read at leisure, rather than simply reading and putting back, then he or she must be completely thick. Part of me - a little tiny part - thinks it may have been deliberately left to be found and publicised.

The BBC claim that the naughty boy is a "male senior civil servant" working in the Cabinet Office. I do hope that it is some policy gimp or spin doctor concerned with pretending The War Against Terror is being won by the Dear Leader, rather than an honest spook type.

MrPVRd said:
rather than an honest spook type.
What??? I agreed with your sentiments up until that point, disingenuity is part of their job description

Old_Gregg said:
Blogg said:

Good point but if the person who found it was at all decent he would have handed it to the nearest Poilce station, not the media.
Shame on you. All Surrey bound First Class commuters are, by definition, Decent Sorts. Thus permissable to use said carriage as an extension of private office, breach all known policies and discuss matters openly without fear of any nasty types hearing. Says so on the back of the ticket. That is why they cost so much.

Suspect a few less "work" type documents being read in future though....