Top Muslim officers turn on ‘racist’ Met

I'm not suprised Assistant Commissioner Tarique Ghaffur has been passed over. His trouser legs are afraid of his ankles and to see the bloke walking about at passing out parades at Hendon, ankle swinging, is an embarrassment.

Those that have Degrees are fast-tracked, usually at the expense of the promotion of frontline police officers who have studied for their sgts exam. Having passed they then find the vacancies are all taken by fast trackers whose only proper policing experience was during their street duties course.

I'll bet there aren't many who join now and proceed to the rank of Inspector without a degree. It's a fúcking travesty indeed and its filling the Force - oops, sorry, service with a job lot of ineffective police with excellent management skills if you're a piece of paper.

I read your mention of Mr Gaffur, Trotsky - personally I would have liked to have seen Ian Johnson in the frame for Commisioner or Andy Trotter.

Both good Coppers with real man managenent experience sadly now with BTP.

Sadly the best Commisioner we had since Sir Peter Imbert has now gone and replaced by Mr Blair whose painting will no doubt hang alongside all the others on the fifth floor of CO when he retires, and will it get any better?

Walt of the Walts - did you fail your selection or not have the sense to find Aerodrome Road from Collindale Station prior to interview?

You certainly cannot measure the performance of the entire Met against your own personal shortcomings.

mukhabarat2003 said:
I'm not suprised Assistant Commissioner Tarique Ghaffur has been passed over. His trouser legs are afraid of his ankles and to see the bloke walking about at passing out parades at Hendon, ankle swinging, is an embarrassment.

Those that have Degrees are fast-tracked, usually at the expense of the promotion of frontline police officers who have studied for their sgts exam. Having passed they then find the vacancies are all taken by fast trackers whose only proper policing experience was during their street duties course.

I'll bet there aren't many who join now and proceed to the rank of Inspector without a degree. It's a fúcking travesty indeed and its filling the Force - oops, sorry, service with a job lot of ineffective police with excellent management skills if you're a piece of paper.

I read your mention of Mr Gaffur, Trotsky - personally I would have liked to have seen Ian Johnson in the frame for Commisioner or Andy Trotter.

Sadly the best Commisioner we had since Sir Peter Imbert has now gone and replaced by Mr Blair whose painting will no doubt hang alongside all the others on the fifth floor of CO when he retires, and will it get any better?

Walt of the Walts - did you fail your selection or not have the sense to find Aerodrome Road from Collindale Station prior to interview?

You certainly cannot measure the performance of the entire Met against your own personal shortcomings.
Yep, I concur, I have a degree but I'm not fast tracking. Much more fun as PC on the streets than in an office.

I dont think in this day and age the Met would risk passing over someone for promotion on purely racial/religious grounds (unless the candidate was white). Sounds like the the chaps were expecting certain things to happen (possibly believing the 'Britain's most senior Muslim officer tipped for the top' headlines) which then failed to materialise, and they've got the hump.

as an aside, I work with someone who served with Ali Dizaei for quite a while and purports that he is as trustworthy as a very untrustworthy person on St Sneak's day in Backstabville.

hogspawn said:
I dont think in this day and age the Met would risk passing over someone for promotion on purely racial/religious grounds (unless the candidate was white). Sounds like the the chaps were expecting certain things to happen (possibly believing the 'Britain's most senior Muslim officer tipped for the top' headlines) which then failed to materialise, and they've got the hump.
What you state is quite feasible HS, especially with this 'Diversity' bóllócks.

I really wonder about this recruiting to represent the ethnic groups; surely if someone desperately needs the services of the police they won't be bothered 'what' turns up on their doorstep as long as they have police practice and powers.

mukhabarat2003 said:
hogspawn said:

I really wonder about this recruiting to represent the ethnic groups; surely if someone desperately needs the services of the police they won't be bothered 'what' turns up on their doorstep as long as they have police practice and powers.
Unless it's Ali D when, in which case, they may need to call the police.

And although straying slightly off thread the guff below is taken from the MPS web. Almost certain that at least one of these fine officers would have had a hand in producing it. Bold typo is mine:

Our mission

Working together for a safer London Not reducing crime to as near Zero as damn it then?

Our values

Working together with all our citizens, all our partners, all our colleagues: but not visitors presumably

We will have pride in delivering quality policing. There is no greater priority
We will build trust by listening and responding
We will respect and support each other and work as a team
We will learn from experience and find ways to be even better

All in the future tense so what are their current values?

We are one team - we all have a duty to play our part in making
London safer.

Trite, meaningless guff.

PAW

From what has been written about these 3,they seem to have already surpassed their ceiling,as far as promotion is concerned,and are now eagerly playing the 'race' card.What does T Guffar/Gufaw expect? To take over from Bliar of the Yard?

pombsen-armchair-warrior said:
And although straying slightly off thread the guff below is taken from the MPS web. Almost certain that at least one of these fine officers would have had a hand in producing it. Bold typo is mine:

Our mission

Working together for a safer London Not reducing crime to as near Zero as damn it then?

Our values

Working together with all our citizens, all our partners, all our colleagues: but not visitors presumably

We will have pride in delivering quality policing. There is no greater priority
We will build trust by listening and responding
We will respect and support each other and work as a team
We will learn from experience and find ways to be even better

All in the future tense so what are their current values?

We are one team - we all have a duty to play our part in making
London safer.

Trite, meaningless guff.

PAW

pombsen-armchair-warrior said:
mukhabarat2003 said:
hogspawn said:

Unless it's Ali D when, in which case, they may need to call the police.
This the same Ali D who was subject to an investigation that cost of the order of £ 2 M into his personal conduct?

Net result: One disputed travel claim worth £ 90.

Either the met are absolutely shocking at their investigations, or Ali D is not the wrong-un some folk would paint him to be.

PAW, a lot pf the failures of the Met can be attributed to its civilian staff.

They make a lot of the management decisons for senior police to act on, yet these civvies know little of policing.

Even the questions set for exams at Hendon now come from civilians - the intakes are taught a variety of things by police officers and then face an exam [pass mark 70% last I heard] written by civilians.

It doesn't work too well.

mukhabarat2003 said:
PAW, a lot pf the failures of the Met can be attributed to its civilian staff.

They make a lot of the management decisons for senior police to act on, yet these civvies know little of policing.

It doesn't work too well.
Mukh,

And therein lies the problem, and it's not just unique to the Police Force, but infects all uniformed forces including the Armed Forces.

Civilians are not put in uniformed organisations to make decisions. They are in place to provide support and advice only. The problem is that much of the advice and sp they do provide is on issues that anybody with even the faintest spark of life in them would avoid. We're talking about the usual suspects here - E Ops, H & S, Business Plans, Diversity etc etc.

PAW

Had the misfortune to work with Ali D once. It was once too many times for me. He very quickly made it clear from his actions and words that he would not engage us in what he regarded as trivial conversation to pass the time (several of us were working in a police control room with him). Whilst most senior officers will have a laugh and a chat with you, he looked down his nose at us from the first moment he walked in.
Best thing that ever happended was that he moved to the Met from TVP.
I believe the failed investigation was not the first time his private lifestyle / financial arrangements has been looked into. Each time he has claimed it was racially motivated. Also this is not the first time he has claimed to have been passed over for promotion due to his race religion.

As per other posters I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

Can't coment on the other people mentioned as I have no knowlege of them.

Amazing how whenever people from the ethnic group don't get what they want they throw in the racism card?? Have they ever thought of emigrating if they have so many problems in Great Britain??

Hat20 said:
Maybe a case of them not being good enough for promotion/jobs despite being asian,hard for them to take I suppose so they go and play the good old race card.
I agree with you there.

They're not all whiter than white.

mukhabarat2003 said:

Most graduates aren't fast trackers, I am certainly not. Nor has anyone told me not to worry about the current backlog of people waiting to become an Inspector cos I've got two degrees. I don't think my graduate status has ever been much help to my career except its taught me how to pass ospre exams, just my two penneth. In fact I haven't had many graduate Inspectors either.

I agree that the head railway children were good old bill but so, it must be said, is TG.

Agreewith you re W-O-W BTW sad case of sour grapes there :twisted:

Trotsky

mukhabarat2003 said:

Fcuk off you Civi Monkey cnut.

It's that superior holier than thou attitude that pervades the met that sickens me. You think that because I don't like you, its because I couldnt be one of you?

Your a fcuking arrogant turd and a typical Met copper! Highest paid, costliest force in the UK with the lowest clear up rate. Speaks for itself I think.

Incidentally, after 18 years and close to 200 arrests, I have only had one acquittal, which was no surprise to me, as the case against him was not strong, but his co-defendant got 8 years. No shortcomings in that respect

FYI in the late 80s I applied to the Kent and the BTP and HM Customs, and had interviews with all 3. HM Customs interviewed me first and offered me a job a week later. Months after joining Customs the BTP and the Kent offerered me interviews, but I didnt attend, as I was more than happy with my interesting job in Customs, right on my doorstep too.

HMRC as it is now is shite, but so is all Law Enforcement. SOCA? Sorry but my area of work did not transfer, but even if it had I wouldnt have gone willingly, because I am bored of law enforcement. In my experience most high profile criminal work is highly boring too. Life is too short to be mired in that shite.

Oh, and one more time FCUK OFF, COPPER :evil:

Trotsky said:
Agreewith you re W-O-W BTW sad case of sour grapes there :twisted:

Trotsky
Fcuk you too Trotsky. The only 'sour grapes' I have is a burning, festering resentment of the incompetent and functionally corrupt police officers that half my council tax funds. I havent received a police service for nearly a decade and I want a refund.

To the the Met: Fcuk you and the horse you rode in on. Bunch of cowboys!

Latest Threads