• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Top Lagers

What is the top lager known to man?

Im partial to a nice ice cold pint of Fosters, but i feel i need to broaden my lager tasting horizons, so people what would you say your top lager is?.

Despite what the old weird men with beards and keychains who bang on about proper pints say, lager rules, and has a brewing tradition as long and varied as that of ale, or 'cold cups of tea' as they may also be referred to...Czech lagers are the tops for just having a pint IMHO, nice drop of Staropramen or Budvar...if you're looking for something slightly more experimental, look in Belgian lambic beers, made by trappist monks since the middle ages and full of all sorts of interesting gear!

Karlovačko-the only good thing to come out of Croatia.

14% (I seem to remember) and guaranteed to make you forget your name when taken in quantity.

On the subject of lager...some investmetn advice we can all agree with!

If you had purchased £1000 of Northern Rock shares one year ago it would now be worth £4.95, with HBOS, earlier this week your £1000 would have been worth £16.50, £1000 invested in XL Leisure would now be worth less than £5, but if you bought £1000 worth of Tennents Lager one year ago, drank it all, then took the empty cans to an aluminium re-cycling plant, you would get £214. So based on the above statistics the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and re-cycle.

Has to be Chimay Bleu. A few of these down yer neck and you turn into a gibbering, dribbling, "can't feel my face anymore," stud muffin who can pull any of the southern beauties, you failed to notice earlier, who now surround you.

I also discovered (the following morning, upon returning from the future) that one of it's many wonderful properties is that it leaves you without any hangover whatsoever. Amazing!

louis said:
What is the top lager known to man?

Im partial to a nice ice cold pint of Fosters, but i feel i need to broaden my lager tasting horizons, so people what would you say your top lager is?.
USE THE FUCKING SEARCH FUNCTION!

I know it says ARRSE beer guide at the top, but further down it gets onto a
request for all types of liquids that makes your head and legs wobble.

The 10 or so pages should keep you going for now!

I should know it has been keeping me squared away for months. :D

Cheers N_W.

Bradstyley said:

If you had purchased £1000 of Northern Rock shares one year ago it would now be worth £4.95, with HBOS, earlier this week your £1000 would have been worth £16.50, £1000 invested in XL Leisure would now be worth less than £5, but if you bought £1000 worth of Tennents Lager one year ago, drank it all, then took the empty cans to an aluminium re-cycling plant, you would get £214. So based on the above statistics the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and re-cycle.
Pedantic head on for a moment...
1000 quid, about 500 tins, 214 quid re-cycle value?
That makes almost 50p per empty tin, is this right?
If so, I'm off looking for old beer cans tonight.

I may risk to get shot for commiting treason,as I hail from near the birthplace of Grolsch but if any of you get to Holland,go try to have a pint of Brand. I'm sure you'll be in for a treat !

Howler said:
Bradstyley said:

Pedantic head on for a moment...
1000 quid, about 500 tins, 214 quid re-cycle value?
That makes almost 50p per empty tin, is this right?
If so, I'm off looking for old beer cans tonight.
Dunno where you shop mate, but you're looking at £2 a can there... Much cheaper in Tesco and you'd end up with about 800 tins. Or, if you go for cans of Skol, you'd get 2,564 :D

Latest Threads