Top Lagers

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by louis, Sep 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the top lager known to man?

Im partial to a nice ice cold pint of Fosters, but i feel i need to broaden my lager tasting horizons, so people what would you say your top lager is?.

2. No such thing. Lager is gipping stuff.

3. Guinness, because it turns my pooh black. Lager is a girls drink.

4. Dortmunder!!!

5. Fosters.
    Especially nicer when it's practically flat (as sold in Weatherspoons).

Edited to add: and I find Steinlager to be very pleasant.

6. Becks Vier. Very drinkable, even in large quantities.

7. Despite what the old weird men with beards and keychains who bang on about proper pints say, lager rules, and has a brewing tradition as long and varied as that of ale, or 'cold cups of tea' as they may also be referred to...Czech lagers are the tops for just having a pint IMHO, nice drop of Staropramen or Budvar...if you're looking for something slightly more experimental, look in Belgian lambic beers, made by trappist monks since the middle ages and full of all sorts of interesting gear!

8. Carlsberg on a hot day.

Right I'm off to the pub, I can't stay at work on a day like this.

9. Fosters! You heathens!

James Boags Premium
    Tiger
    Bluetongue

10. Karlovačko-the only good thing to come out of Croatia.

14% (I seem to remember) and guaranteed to make you forget your name when taken in quantity.

11. Euro-p1ss but pushed to make a decision trawling the memory banks of youth,a yellow handbag of Herforder was okay could also be traded instead of extras.

12. 1664, Koeniger, anything from the continent really, try to avoid the chemical soups (fosters, carling, etc). Reall, any of the German beers that conform to the German Purity Laws are a good way of lessening the potential hangover.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot

13. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Has to be Herfy, almost guaranteed to make you swamp

Magic

14. On the subject of lager...some investmetn advice we can all agree with!

If you had purchased £1000 of Northern Rock shares one year ago it would now be worth £4.95, with HBOS, earlier this week your £1000 would have been worth £16.50, £1000 invested in XL Leisure would now be worth less than £5, but if you bought £1000 worth of Tennents Lager one year ago, drank it all, then took the empty cans to an aluminium re-cycling plant, you would get £214. So based on the above statistics the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and re-cycle.