Top Lad

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Myss, Oct 1, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In a time where we see more articles on shites like chavs, yobbos, hoodies, people rights violations (even at the labour conf!) and other shites in need of head-clapping, I thought I share this piece I saw in the paper that made me smile. The lad was modest at that as well.

There are some good uns out there :wink:

BBC Link to Story

2. What she didnt realise is, Mat had swiped her handbag. Thats why he did a runner.

Seriously though. Not all youngsters are cretins. The media loves to be the ones to bring us doom and gloom.

3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Good skills young Harvey.
    I also like the way he gapped it so that he could keep his timings, he should go far.
    It appears that there are still some youngsters who have absorbed the lessons of the past and put them in action.

Does the fact that he was in a school uniform have any bearing on his ideals and therefore his actions ?

4. Sorry, but I doubt the accuracy of the story. The only way the kid would be able to stop a moving vehicle (which Mum was "chasing after") with his body would be if he was built like a sumo wrestler and the car grounded as it was running him over. Sounds more like a ploy by Auntie to get her nephew's name in the papers.

5. Whatever, "the lad done well"! Let's give credit where credit's due, eh? Well done him!

MsG

6. I don't know about his build, but it was said that his height's over 6 foot.

And wouldn't that depend on the car weight and size, and how fast or slow it was going?