Top Guns, Military History, 20FEB13

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by foxs_marine, Feb 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if this is in the wrong thread,

Last night's episode featured Ian Harrison (former British Army captain & winner of Top Shot series 1) demonstrating the Lee Enfield rifle & the Webley revolver.

Like an idiot I missed it (except the closing bit), I'd be grateful if anyone knows if it'll be repeated, but I thought others might like to catch it as well.

2. ...
  3. Haven't checked, but if it is the series on BBC4 then surely it will be on iPlayer?
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

What a waste of airtime!
  5. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

"fled Britains gun laws and came to Amurrica"???

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Those yank programs are aimed at goldfish attention span yehaws with ad breaks and recaps every 5 minites. You actually get about 10 minutes of original footage in a 30 minute episode of most modern US shows and its generally shit, ill informed, poorly researched and worst of all poorly presented with little or no knowledge of the subject matter and 100% reliance on the latest bubba internet myth about not made here guns!
    Baby food for the intellect, sadly our own internet tv offerings here are little better than 30 minute rolling adverts for kit geeks!
  7. Oooooooh! I can hit a beer bottle at 200m with an AW338!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The septic marinnnne, he gripped my shit!

9. I've seen this somewhere else;-)

Current affairs?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Makes sense in both places though!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. An American youth says that he " likes" the SMLE. Soopah.
    It must have been really good then.
    Now we know.
  12. Indiana Del, thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Ugly, I know what you mean about short attention span TV, my daughter (who's 12) likes Top Shot & Lock n' Load, so if I transit the living room they may be on. They're entertaining hokum, not serious programmes (though they're meant to be by US standards).
    I just wanted to see what the Americans thought of the classic British weapons, I wasn't expecting any penetrating insights really.
    Military History Channel is plugging a new series of Top Shot, is it worth watching or is it just a reality TV show with firearms?
  13. That military history channel goes from having some brilliant and informative documentaries, to having some complete dirge. It also bugs me how many programmes on there that have absolutely **** all to do with the military.