Top Gun

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by meiktilaman, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Burn the witch

2. Fair play its shoite!

3. Never heard of it!

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Question for the masses my female friend has never seen TOP Gun what should I do?
  2. Invite me over. I'll show her my top gun. Lock stock and one very wet stroking barrell.
  3. Do you have the directors cut with the deleted hot-tub queg fisting scene?
  4. Way out of date, (A4 and F14 retired), and badly acted. The music is so very 1980's, Kelly McGillis may have looked good then, but recent photos would suggest she's eating her own bodyweight daily.

Only redeeming feature? Well, I watched it at RAF Gutersloh (that should date it) and the RAF aircrew who turned up to the cinema got the pi55 ripped out of them for turning up in flying suits.
  5. I'm in a similar position with a "female friend" of mine who's never seen Zulu. Worse than that, she refuses to sit down and watch it. Any ideas?
  6. valium in her coffee!! failing that baseball bat the tie her to the couch!!!
  7. Thanks for the quick reply. I've managed to borrow a baseball bat and some rope for the night, but she's a stubborn b!tch and I'm afraid it might not be enough. As a backup plan, I've sharpened my leatherman so that I can slice off her eyelids. I'll make a patriot of her yet :twisted:
  8. Congratulate her on her good taste, and then wonder how long she'll be with you before she finds someone more compatible.

Top Gun? What a load of puerile, unrealistic shite.
  9. What's your point?
  10. I think there might be a clue in the posting. I don't like the film because I think it's puerile and unrealistic. Oh, and it's shite.
  11. Nope, you've lost me. Top Gun is one of, if not THE best movie ever made about the RAF. Its lack of realism only adds to the appeal. I still don't see your point.
  12. Then we must agree to disagree. I don't like it, you do. That's life.

No need for us to fall out though eh?
  13. I am in the same situation, ply her with Pinot Grigio and get her to come to yours to watch it, this may only work for us unwashed students so if it does fail you could black narsty her to the chair and make her watch it a la Clockwork Orange, it's for her own good!!
  14. You missing out on what makes it so good!! Its because it is so shit along with films like Navy Seals, GI Jane, Rambos 1 to 94, Delta Force 1 to 350, Ultimate Force, Soldier Soldier et al that what makes them timeless classics!

Plus there are and you have to concede this some brilliant one liners!
  15. When I first got to my proper unit after training, Top Gun was the rage. Of course me being the new duty troop sprog, I had to learn the feckin script off by heart :thumbdown: Mistakes resulted in nasty drinks being poured down said sprogs throat :thumleft:

Oh and how many groups of squaddies did you see around town on their knees to some fat german squaddie basher singing "You've lost that loving feeling"?? Feckin film has a lot to answer for. :shakefist: