Top Gun 2

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by J_D, Mar 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. J_D

J_D LE

2. I never thought of THAT film in THAT way before. are there any good ole Army Films of the same Genre. Maybe like The Great Escape 2 - The Brokeback Getaway and Beyond.
  3. Cracking!!
  4. You've gotta be kiddin' Sarge.!! Top Gun is a classic of repressed and latent homosexuality, even without
    re-editing to suit. All that testosterone, locker-rooms, oiled bodies and manly sport, not to mention
    shiny fast planes and missiles...... God, I don't need psycho-analysis! Do I??????
  5. Top Gun!!!!. Ah those were the days, All my mates fancied Maverick and Iceman, little ole me lusted after Goose. And the bird was great, I dont mean Kelly McGillis, she was gorgeous of course and we all copied her hair, but no, I mean 'the bird'. *flicks up middle finger* Classic!!.

And phwoooooar yes all those well oiled bodies. Yep, I bet every gay man in the country had a copy of 'Top Gun' in his video collection in the 80's, now they'll all have the dvd's. lol

And before anyone else gets us confused again Anya1982 and I (Anya5268) are different people AND Im guessing she's much younger than me grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! lol. Hello Anya *waves*
  6. J_D

J_D LE

Classic! And how many other 'straight' men are willing to agree with you :lol:

Hi Anya5268 *waves*
  7. Fuuny - the whole 'gay thing' went straight over my head back then - sheltered childhood I guess. Cracking film (on re-reading my post, realised that could be read in all sorts of ways!) ) when I was a teenager though, great soundtrack and with Kelly McGillis.

Downside was every bloody WAFU to be when I joined up walking around with bloody Ray Bans on an quoting lines from the film.
  8. DarkBlueLoggie wrote:

And judging by the Crabs I know they still fecking do. In particular the Helicopter ones FFS! I mean why quote it when you're failed fast-jet jockeys in the first place?!?
  9. You mean lines like "I have the neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed for speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed" Whilst doing a jumping high five lol.

And let us not forget the corny: (take it away boys)

You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips
    And there's no tenderness like before in your finger tips
    You're trying hard not to show it
    But baby, baby I know it
    You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling
    Oh that Lovin' Feeling
    You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling
    Now it's gone gone gone oh oh oh
  10. I just knew that good looking b'steward was a lifter.

lol spot on Anya1982 lol
  11. She's got a few pounds on you as well.