Top Gears Richard Hammon - SAS Lapel Badge

Prob the wrong forum but as this gets most hits it might get an answer quicker ...

Tonight's Top Gear had Richard Hammond in the studio in a fairly camp white jacket but he appeared to have a 'Winged Dagger' lapel badge on. Can anyone confirm this and what is the story behind it?

Also Clarkson had a 'Help for Heros' wrist band on ... no surprise as he is a decent bloke anyway!

Yes, Hamster was wearing a winged dagger lapel badge. He's entitled to as he served with the SAS from 89-93.

Correct cpunk, although he originally started in Mobility which is where his love of engines / vehicles came from. Moved to air troop as a result of a personality clash.

Mmmm ... fair one if its true. But that still dosn't excuse the camp jacket.

He also ended up whilst with them, as holding the HALO record for some years another little known fact, and i thought it was common knowledge on here about his service.

Though i thought he was just a Sgt? with them.

Kermit said:
scarletto said:
Though i thought he was just a Sgt? with them.
Shadow rank mate...
Wah! He was busted! CO at the time said it was one thing to kidnap a Welsh Regts mascot goat, but it was another thing to make a curry out of it to bezzie up some Cav scroats for a go behind the sticks in a CR1!

The curry was fab and it's great to see him still wearing the goatskin jacket..

Typical little man syndrome though....... always getting pi.ssed and punching above his weight. Nine times out of ten he got filled in by some big bloke he was picking on.

Just goes to show that they aren't all nails.

And the short legged fu.cker couldn't keep up on runs.

Oh yeah, where's his fcuking moustache then?

Thought everyone who served at Hereford was called Dave? You awight Dave yeah you Dave etc etc.

Jockster

Load of old bollox.He was too busy presenting Crufts and doing radio shows to be playing Saturdays and Sundays......

Expect the pin was manufacturers motif.. One looks quite similar but for the life of me I cannot remember which...

Hammond on Wiki

Nah, he had the time because he was with a TA squadron. Top bloke.

Attachments

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
One is allowed to wear such motifs if they have been presented to you. I suspect that he got his for his impress lalo drop in the dragster - beats 'them's record into a c0cked hat.