Top Gear

Did anyone catch the beach assault with the Marines and the Fiesta? :)

Thought last weeks wasn't up to scratch. Most definatley back on form now though!!! That was v v Funny

"The smoke grenades fit perfectly in the cup holders" Priceless :-D

Pretty noisy, firing a rifle from inside a car! Wonderful television, though :)

Many years ago I was involved in making an add for the old Hillman Imp , just like tonights Top Gear. The Imp was crap but they had a whole transporter full of spare cars, we towed the car over Bovy tank tracks with a Centurion tank. By the end of a days filming there were 6 compete wreckes draged back on the transporter, the boys loved it ,All is not real in tele land.

"What if I get chased through a shopping centre by baddies in a Corvette"

Well it does happen! :D

Brilliant programme. Clarkson as always outstanding - the road test was a hoot. Anyone know which shopping centre the tyre prints are?? As to the beach landing - well done, the Booties!

Was a impressed with the Lord Mayor of London's performance - although I think his driving skills could improve :D

in_the_cheapseats said:
Brilliant programme. Clarkson as always outstanding - the road test was a hoot. Anyone know which shopping centre the tyre prints are?? As to the beach landing - well done, the Booties!

Was a impressed with the Lord Mayor of London's performance - although I think his driving skills could improve :D
I am reliably informed that the shopping centre was in Basingstoke.

Joe_Private said:
in_the_cheapseats said:

I am reliably informed that the shopping centre was in Basingstoke.
I thought it was too but looked a bit big!!

Whooooo... Trop, whats this ""The Imp was crap""
I earned a good living racing Imps/SS in the 70s . it had the most advanced engine design, for its day and around town it was amazing fun to drive with the front wheels a foot off the ground at lights, Those were the days..
Must get Clarksons new video for christmas,
D

Good work from TG. And yes it was Festival Place, said so in the credits

DogsHadMeTea said:
Whooooo... Trop, whats this ""The Imp was crap""
I earned a good living racing Imps/SS in the 70s . it had the most advanced engine design, for its day and around town it was amazing fun to drive with the front wheels a foot off the ground at lights, Those were the days..
Must get Clarksons new video for christmas,
D

God you must be as old as I am, that filming was about 1968

One of the funnest, ones I have seen for ages! Myself and Mrs Stilts where in stitches.

Stilts

Hi Trop, I took an Imp on the South East Malasian Rally in 1969, for the joint REME/200Provost team, sadly I failed to finish. It was the only Imp in Malaya/ Singapore and got there free by Hermes(1). cars still there I think, must be getting old, especially finding I always seem to agree with Victor Clarkson.

I was 17/21 Lancers at that time we did Alaska to Cape horn in Range Rovers, London to Sydney in a 2 wd Land Rover, The monty, The World Cup Mexico. We had an officer who seemed to be able to BS on a mega scale and got sponsership from Land Rover BMC, and latter Ford , God I loved it,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bob Upndown Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 148
fltpilot Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 7
CrapSpy Falkland Islands (Op CORPORATE) 1