Top gear

As much as I enjoy TG, and watch it without fail, does anyone else think it's getting a bit "silly"? Or is it just me?

Still good, but running out of steam

It will always be better than 5th gear! I wish they'd be bit more serious sometimes.

Watched it on BFBS tonight, I think they kicked the arsse out of the homemade i-hammer eco car, but then again, that was probably the point. Still a good show though.

Is it just me that ignores the team and look for letch in the crowd?

the_guru said:
A couple of chaps in the crowd tonight which might be up your street!

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
the_guru said:
The crowd on tonight's episode are The Village People. Anything you'd like to share?

Fallschirmjager said:
It's now geared (forgive the pun) just as much towards non car lovers as such. Ratings are what count, nothing else.
............as bad as the f*cking politicians, b*stards.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Fallschirmjager said:
Yep, it's gone from reviewing cars to basically p1ssing around with cars. Still good fun though and ten times better then Fifth Gear which is quite gay.
I hope you're not referring to the lovely vicky butler henderson.

she makes me feel kinda funny... like when we used to climb the rope in gym class. :p

Sixty said:
the_guru said:
The crowd on tonight's episode are The Village People. Anything you'd like to share?
I just saw a platinum blonde with big norks.

the_guru said:
I managed to blag a couple of tickets at short notice a couple of months back and went along with my brother-in-law in tow. It's even better in the flesh; never have I encountered so much quality totty in one place.

I have enjoyed TG since it started, until this series, where they have run out of ideas, but they are going to keep going anyhow. As someone has already said- it is about ratings.
It has gone from being a great tv show to being mildly amusing.

See I said this about a month ago on my facebook and just got a load of sh1t for it, its the scripted "sketches" that annoy me.

I previously mentioned on arrse I don't think its ideas they have run out of. I think its budget.

They can't be seen to be trying to send cars into space on the tax payers licence fees anymore and as such have had to tone it right down.

Top Gear is there to be taken with a pinch of salt. Johnny Vaughan summed it up as a place that should be renamed "Stag World" on an episode. It's not just a car show. Its three blokes with a normal sense of humour doing what you wish you could do.

However these days they're doing it on a more modest budget. I still find it very entertaining and couldn't help but crack a smile when Ross Kemp appeared in the boot!

D0lly86 said:
See I said this about a month ago on my facebook and just got a load of sh1t for it, its the scripted "sketches" that annoy me.
I also put that down to them getting in bother with the PC brigade. They obviously want to push the boundaries of PC without getting switched off.

All my defence of the show aside I can't deny it was more enjoyable to watch two years ago!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bob Upndown Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 147
fltpilot Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 7
CrapSpy Falkland Islands (Op CORPORATE) 1