Top Gear tonight (Sun 16th)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by stabradop, Jul 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't reguarly watch this but did anyone catch tonights episode? They decided to try out caravanning (eek) to see why so many people do it, and clog up the roads in the process. I have never watched anything so funny in my life. They ended up crashing it slightly, blocked a road up for over 20 mins and got warned by a copper.

Then when they finally reached their campsite they ended up knocking over and busting someones tent with the van, then let a chip pan fire start, couldnt put it out and ended up torching their caravan along with the tent next door! Cue fire brigade.....

Maybe next time they should try a coastal self hire cruise, love to see them getting rescued by the coastguard etc.....mongs :lol:

Stab

2. Shut it! I only get to watch this prog on 'BBC World' and the lefty tw@ts edit it down to 20 minutes :( Not happy. Yesterday they managed to show the first 1/2 twice instead of the whole programme.

Apart from the fact that it is a great programme, it is popular, and is watched by millions, does anyone know why the lefty cnuts at the BBC are always trying to ban it?

3. Jeremy Clerkson did say tonight that the Stig got arrested in the American desert because he looked weird, the American police automatically thinking he was a Muslim. Jeremy, Hammond and James are probably best kept to a minimum on the international airwaves, they could probably start wars on their own.

4. A slightly contrived fire I thought, but playacting aside its still good stuff.

5. Because Jeremy Clarkson is not afraid to speak his mind and is my idol!

Anyone who drives a pickup into a tree to see whether it will survive or not, and in the process upset a whole village, gets my backing. Who reckons we should mount a coup to replace Bliar with Clarkson???

6. The best programme on tv, worth the licence fee all by itself

7. it never used to have the popularity it does now.

Jeremy Clarkston - you either love him or you hate him. Personally i think hes fcuking hillarious. Some of the stuff they do is like nothing else you see on tv now.

Last series they had a harrier jet racing a car round the top gear track. Obviously it had to go wider at the corners and whatever... but who else would even think about trying this?

I've also seen Jeremy test a jeep by having it off road whilst trying to evade a challenger 2 tank.

it's a classic programme, long may it continue!!

8. Top Gear Rocks! :lol:
    Clarkson and the boys are well worth watchin.
    The only Prog that brings in the three armed forces and gives them street cred! :wink:

And I bloody missed it tonight 8O , thank god it gets repeated

9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Deffo worth a titter. Like when Jeremy had to empty the chemical toilet (how may of you think there was anything in there?) And who, in their right mind, would attempt to see how fast they can get in an F1 car indoors 8O Good laugh though.

10. jmj

jmj Old-Salt

If you've got a bit of patience and broadband, you can download topgear using bittorrent here.

J

11. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

you can watch the current episode online - at least you casn in the uk - I've had reports about the bbc not allowing the bandwidth for export

12. Strange looking jeep ??? Thought it was a Range Rover Sport Supercharged myself ???
    nil points for vehicle recognition lol :D

13. So it was you who used to write into "Points of View" every week, then? :D

I haven't heard that (your quote) said for a long, long time!

Matelot - I like you style!! ARRSE Campaign trail starts here - Vote Clarkson!

Ghostie

14. You know it makes sense Ghostie!

Like flying!

15. You Sir, are a God! :worship:

Thank you for making an old senile Gunner happy!

Currently downloading 4 episodes :) Happy Days.