Top Gear tonight (Sun 16th)

S

stabradop

I don't reguarly watch this but did anyone catch tonights episode? They decided to try out caravanning (eek) to see why so many people do it, and clog up the roads in the process. I have never watched anything so funny in my life. They ended up crashing it slightly, blocked a road up for over 20 mins and got warned by a copper.

Then when they finally reached their campsite they ended up knocking over and busting someones tent with the van, then let a chip pan fire start, couldnt put it out and ended up torching their caravan along with the tent next door! Cue fire brigade.....

Maybe next time they should try a coastal self hire cruise, love to see them getting rescued by the coastguard etc.....mongs :lol:

Stab

Shut it! I only get to watch this prog on 'BBC World' and the lefty tw@ts edit it down to 20 minutes :( Not happy. Yesterday they managed to show the first 1/2 twice instead of the whole programme.

Apart from the fact that it is a great programme, it is popular, and is watched by millions, does anyone know why the lefty cnuts at the BBC are always trying to ban it?

Jeremy Clerkson did say tonight that the Stig got arrested in the American desert because he looked weird, the American police automatically thinking he was a Muslim. Jeremy, Hammond and James are probably best kept to a minimum on the international airwaves, they could probably start wars on their own.

Because Jeremy Clarkson is not afraid to speak his mind and is my idol!

Anyone who drives a pickup into a tree to see whether it will survive or not, and in the process upset a whole village, gets my backing. Who reckons we should mount a coup to replace Bliar with Clarkson???

it never used to have the popularity it does now.

Jeremy Clarkston - you either love him or you hate him. Personally i think hes fcuking hillarious. Some of the stuff they do is like nothing else you see on tv now.

Last series they had a harrier jet racing a car round the top gear track. Obviously it had to go wider at the corners and whatever... but who else would even think about trying this?

I've also seen Jeremy test a jeep by having it off road whilst trying to evade a challenger 2 tank.

it's a classic programme, long may it continue!!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
vandyke said:
The best programme on tv, worth the licence fee all by itself
Deffo worth a titter. Like when Jeremy had to empty the chemical toilet (how may of you think there was anything in there?) And who, in their right mind, would attempt to see how fast they can get in an F1 car indoors 8O Good laugh though.

jmj

Old-Salt
Dread said:
Shut it! I only get to watch this prog on 'BBC World' and the lefty tw@ts edit it down to 20 minutes :( Not happy. Yesterday they managed to show the first 1/2 twice instead of the whole programme.
If you've got a bit of patience and broadband, you can download topgear using bittorrent here.

J

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
you can watch the current episode online - at least you casn in the uk - I've had reports about the bbc not allowing the bandwidth for export

braveheart said:
it never used to have the popularity it does now.

Jeremy Clarkston - you either love him or you hate him. Personally i think hes fcuking hillarious. Some of the stuff they do is like nothing else you see on tv now.

Last series they had a harrier jet racing a car round the top gear track. Obviously it had to go wider at the corners and whatever... but who else would even think about trying this?

I've also seen Jeremy test a jeep by having it off road whilst trying to evade a challenger 2 tank.

it's a classic programme, long may it continue!!
Strange looking jeep ??? Thought it was a Range Rover Sport Supercharged myself ???
nil points for vehicle recognition lol :D

vandyke said:
The best programme on tv, worth the licence fee all by itself
So it was you who used to write into "Points of View" every week, then? :D

I haven't heard that (your quote) said for a long, long time!

Matelot - I like you style!! ARRSE Campaign trail starts here - Vote Clarkson!

Ghostie

jmj said:
Dread said:
If you've got a bit of patience and broadband, you can download topgear using bittorrent here.

J
You Sir, are a God! :worship:

Thank you for making an old senile Gunner happy!

Currently downloading 4 episodes :) Happy Days.

Thought the caravanning thing was brilliant! I know this is a tragic admission, but Mrs Babble and I posess a caravan, used when she is showing our dogs. We belong to the club that owns the site that they stayed at, and their magazine claims that they actually quite enjoyed their time there!

The reversing into the awning thing was obviously a setup, as was the fire (you have to setup at least 7m away from the next van), but I was p***ing myself watching them trying to turn it and when they drove it into the bollard. Nearly as good as the Porsche for £1500 segment from acouple of series ago!

Still makes me giggle when Clarkson and Hammond did the nordic skiing challenge. Hammond with the normal rifle and Clarkson with an MP5 on full auto

Top Gear ......Quality indeed

The caravan like all their stunts is contrived but excellent none the less

I liked the bit when Hammond found the AK47 in a cupboard in the caravan and when he asked JC what he brought that for Jeremy said it was the first thing he thought he would need if he had to sleep in a box with James May 8O :lol:

JC speaks his mind, but you dont always have to agree with him, thats the point and something Tony Bliar could do trying :roll:

Too right...... JC for PM..... just the suggestion will get the do-gooders quaking :wink:

A very funny, if slightly scripted, the AK and fire etc .... notice the Fire Brigade don't do the usual exclusion zone when there is a gas bottle in a fire?
But very cool, and how we cheered when the caravan burnt down!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bob Upndown Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 148
fltpilot Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 7
CrapSpy Falkland Islands (Op CORPORATE) 1