Top Gear, the USA version

Lets hope no-one reminds them of this.

Jeremy Clarkson Quotes : 'America: 250 million ******* living in a country with no word for ******.'

Why not? It could hardly be less entertaining than the 'race'. Think of all that blubber quivering with outrage simultaneously.

Perhaps NASCAR is a eugenics programme run by govt. eugenics to see which demographics of the US populace are ripe for the picking.
Resilent bunch though, no doubt new strains will arise.

to be fair occasionally they smash upin fine style but thats about it.
top gear without humour isn't that fith gear?

Are they going to copy our Top gear's trip across the Southern States where one of the cars was pink and and had 'Man Love ' painted on it.... and the other had 'Hillary Clinton for President'... and they pulled into this hick town full of red necks, and had to leave quickly when the 'Boys' started chucking stones at Jeremy and pals.....?

Now that would be good to see a Septic's version of this......

Are they going to copy our Top gear's trip across the Southern States where one of the cars was pink and and had 'Man Love ' painted on it.... and the other had 'Hillary Clinton for President'... and they pulled into this hick town full of red necks, and had to leave quickly when the 'Boys' started chucking stones at Jeremy and pals.....?

What they gonna do? Turn up in Burnley wearing on of them white KKK cloaks with a burning cross?

I have just watched the first episode of the brand new US version of Top Gear, this is a link to a very good review I found.

Top Gear USA debut falls flat but has potential - National NASCAR | Examiner.com

Put simply its very similar to the original without the humour, or should I say humor.

Did anybody else on this side of the pond see it, I gather that there was 1.9 million viewers.
Never heard of it, but not a NASCAR fan either. I've only seen one episode of the UK version with the Robin Reliant? and thought it was pretty good.

All these "local" versions of Top Gear don't work. They have tried it twice now in Oz, and both have failed miserably! Lord only know's what the US version looks like....coz I can't access the link! lol

Simply put, there is no replacement for the banter and sheer class of the original Clarkson, Hammond and Captain Slow :)

Drive the length of the Manchester ship canal in three blinged up convertibles suitably adorned with footie and "loadsa money" slogans should do it. Call in at Toxteth, Anfield, Goodison, only stopping to pose beside a large cutout of Wayne Rooney. Extra points for anyone who has enough of their car left to reach the finish without resorting to public transport.

Just watched the first part of the 2nd US episode, but got bored and turned it off, maybe I will look at the rest of it if I can be bothered, I do not think I will bother recording it anymore.

The plumpish guy who looks like a lumberjack, is completely unfunny, even to the point of being a bit embarrassing.

There are some interesting comments on the proper Top Gear website.

Top Gear USA

Has anybody else managed to watch it, or is it just me?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bob Upndown Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 148
fltpilot Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 7
CrapSpy Falkland Islands (Op CORPORATE) 1