Top Gear - Sun 12 Jul 8pm

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by GrumpyGit, Jul 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A dust cloud rises, and through the haze caused by the searing heat the distinctive shapes of the newest British Army vehicles race through the sand, covering the soldiers in a thick coating of and dust.

The commanders move the vehicles to high ground and open fire on the enemy vehicle tearing around trying to escape the Army firepower.

The window gets wound down on the hijacked car and a taunting familiar voice shouts "you missed".

Jeremy Clarkson then speeds off in the confiscated 2001 Mitsubishi EVO VII, using the billowing dust cloud that the rally car creates as cover from fire.

What first appears as a 'typical' contact played out in Afghanistan is actually a game of cat and mouse, with Jeremy Clarkson taking on the might of the British Army for an episode of the popular TV motoring magazine Top Gear, being screened this Sunday on BBC2.

http://www.army.mod.uk/news/15799.aspx

2. sounds similar to his games with a Chally in an earlier episode a couple of seasons back

3. And he also did it with Apache

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Also with some I.G. snipers
    All of which he lost

5. Good PR for the Army...

And a thumbs up for Clarkson, who does give credit where it is due

6. Got the beers in the fridge chilling as I type. Looking forward to it.

7. Yip totally agree. Take my hat off to Top Gear!

I would put my last dollar on the fact that the 3 presenters are the ones who push for these sort of plugs for the Army... (wouldn't hold my breathe that its a the BBC)...

Looking forward to it!

8. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Am I the only that thinks given the current casualty rate and genuine concern about equipment, resources, strategy and he overall success of the operation in Afghanistan this smacks of propaganda and a little distasteful,

'look at us, our vehicles are ace'

says the MoD

9. That type of thinking is what the armed forces should be stamping out, it stinks of 'stick it to the Man/MoD' mentality. The more we can show the public what we do, who we are, the more they support they are likely to offer.

Besides, the clip would have been filmed months ago.

10. I think given the casualty rate and public opposition to "the War", we need all the media attention, both for the lads and H4H etc, we can get.

11. He also did a beach assault with the RM in a ford feista

12. :D Oh yeh! That was a good one. Made me laugh.

13. Now that was funny, especially the look on JC's face when one of the Marines asked "Are we there yet?"

14. SOunds like its gonna be another good 'un. Thanks Armynet for the text reminder too!!

15. The clip was filmed at the begining of June, over two days