TOP GEAR: POLAR SPECIAL BBC 2

Quality programme. Race between a sled and machine, Clarkson and the boys at their brilliant best :D :D :D

10 out of ten. Pollitically incorrect, driving whiilst drunk, bad language, pollution, swearing, bad taste tricks

Brilliant 1!!

I love Jeremy Clerkson.

Anyway, sign the petitin below, and if you know him tell JC about the campaign.

Ay.

Alsacien said:
I'm a big JC fan - but this is one occasion where he made a cnut of himself, not impressed JC, stay in your comfort zone....
Wise up - It was pure entertainment.

Captain slow pumping the shotty whilst Clarkson was curling one out - comic genius :D

One of, if not the best mission yet, particularly liked the credits at the end...Sir Ranulph Clarkson, Sir Ranulph Hammond etc.. all way to the producer/ director 8)

I particularly enjoyed the look on JC's face when he was getting himself out of the water!

i felt so sorry for Richard Hammond at the end when he found out he'd lost - he looked completely broken

I watched it also i thoght it was good,they should do more programes like that,why is Top Gear not on all the time like it youst to be?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Bugger! Missed it!

its repeated Sunday beeb2 at 8 i think! Well worth missing church for!

I think I ruptured a bollock when Clarkson froze a nut to his lips - plonker. Was not at all surprised when he emerged from unde the Hilux with a broken propshaft, damper and fuel tank after that idiotic driving - but it wouldn't really have been entertainment if he'd behaved, would it? I have heaps, and I mean HEAPS of respect for Hammond. TG producer to the Three Musketeers: "Right lads, we're doing a special to the North Pole. Dog Sled against Hilux. Dog Sled actually means running most of the way." Although he did'nt win, how many other TV presenters can say they ran to the Pole? Clarkson is funny as fu-ck, for sure, but Hammond is a true legend.

sarnian said:
I think I ruptured a bollock when Clarkson froze a nut to his lips - plonker. Was not at all surprised when he emerged from unde the Hilux with a broken propshaft, damper and fuel tank after that idiotic driving - but it wouldn't really have been entertainment if he'd behaved, would it? I have heaps, and I mean HEAPS of respect for Hammond. TG producer to the Three Musketeers: "Right lads, we're doing a special to the North Pole. Dog Sled against Hilux. Dog Sled actually means running most of the way." Although he did'nt win, how many other TV presenters can say they ran to the Pole? Clarkson is funny as fu-ck, for sure, but Hammond is a true legend.
Absolutely!! I was actually a bit annoyed we didn't see him get there.
Top Gear Link

thats jc all over though isn't it, fields full of giant ice rocks better gun it then :wink: , i agree big respect to hamster for trying the sled

come to think of it we need more shows like this instead of all the other cr*p they show

Excellant programme.

New series out soon. They were filming down at Dover docks last week.

Apparantly the sceptics wanted JC to host an American Top Gear but it would have meant him living in the USA for 4 months at a time so he refused.

Yes, the look on Hammonds face was of pure disappointment, but I should think deep down that he KNOWS he got the vote for the TG man of the match trophy.

The Autralian writer and TV critic Clive James calls Television, "The Crystal Bucket" for obvious reasons. Programmes like these do make the licence fee worth every penny. Not one of the w*ankers in the BB house could even dream about doing something like that. In fact they probably think "Hi Lux" is a new type of make-up.

Best prog of the year I would say, but it will be interesting to see what the Green-Party, Save-the-Planet, and other puritans will have to say about it. I can see the fun nazis now..."They actually left tyre marks in the snow for christ's sake ! Deplorable !"

I look forward to the letters to the editor of the broadsheets today or tomorrow. Guardian fisrt, I should think. :wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bob Upndown Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 147
fltpilot Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 7
B The NAAFI Bar 4