Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top Gear New series getting complaints

Bad_Crow said:
Blogg said:
Anyway, the footage of Captain Slow taking a Bugatti Veyron around the VW test track at 407Kmh (254mph) was really astonishing

Not really. I got 43mph out of an FFR and trailer once. Its all on film too.

I once exceeded this by getting at least 45 from my FFR however the trailer was doing 48 - 50 when it passed me on a downhill stretch of the motorway having uncoupled itself..........most definately an oh s**t moment.

mgmidget said:
FFS Fellas its the MEDIA on both sides whipping this up. Top Gear getting load of publicity and the Headway/Speed kills people getting the same.

Dont get wound up about it

Got it in one mgmidget. Top Gear's audience is large and getting larger as a result of all this (rightly so IMHO).

However, as a short person I find your use of the word "midget" highly offensive. As Chairmong of the Midget Council of Britain, I have received a mountain of complaints about your post, but I can't reach the top of the pile.

Edited for appalling spelling

BeerFun!

Old-Salt
rebel_with_a_cause said:
Bad_Crow said:
Blogg said:
Anyway, the footage of Captain Slow taking a Bugatti Veyron around the VW test track at 407Kmh (254mph) was really astonishing

Not really. I got 43mph out of an FFR and trailer once. Its all on film too.

I once exceeded this by getting at least 45 from my FFR however the trailer was doing 48 - 50 when it passed me on a downhill stretch of the motorway having uncoupled itself..........most definately an oh s**t moment.

I succeded in obtaining 79 mph out of a 14 tonner!!

It was down hill and unloaded! scared the crap out of the other truckers on the road! ha ha

The joy of wacky races!!

Dr_Chris

War Hero
That Veyron is so sexy. I think I would like to bang one up its exhaust.

Daren't say how much I got out of a TM 8t (with container!) but I was overtaking most cars on the M3... :sweatdrop:

Dr_Chris

War Hero
Damn good clip it is, too.