Top Gear New series getting complaints

"At the start of Sunday's show, Mr Clarkson asked Mr Hammond if he was mental, while James May offered him a tissue in case he started dribbling."

Pity the was'nt any ARRSE's in the audience....

Mmmmmmllllllllarrrrrrr!

If "young males" aren't intelligent enough to know that Hammonds recovery was nothing short of a miracle and that "speed kills", they shouldn't be allowed a television license never mind a driving license.

FFS some people treat everybody in this country as if we don't have the brain power to know right from wrong.

Did those who are complaining actually watch the show , did they hear the cheers for Hamsters return , did they listen to his thanks to the Air Ambulance and all the others involved and , lastly , did they find out just how much money the "petrol Heads " have donated to the Air Ambulance ???
No of course not , they were too busy complaining before the programme was even transmitted

Incredible, the BBC reporting on a 'moral panic' they are seemingly to blame for causing!

OldTimer said:
Did those who are complaining actually watch the show , did they hear the cheers for Hamsters return , did they listen to his thanks to the Air Ambulance and all the others involved and , lastly , did they find out just how much money the "petrol Heads " have donated to the Air Ambulance ???
No of course not , they were too busy complaining before the programme was even transmitted
They have enough for another airframe because of this.

As I suggested on another thread, this has the hallmarks of people simply watching because of a desire to be offended.

The anti-speeding charity would only have avoided being offended had Clarkson announced that Top Gear was ending forthwith, while the 50 complaints from the brain charity represent a huge percentage of the audience the programme garnered - just under a whacking great 0.001% of the stated audience that night.

ISTR that every time someone suggests that the soundbite 'speed kills' is overly-simplistic (the counter-argument being that its travelling at speed in inappropriate locations/when road conditions are poor, etc which is the cause of fatalities) charities such as Brake immediately mount a soapbox and denounce whoever's said this as being in league with Satan.

How many people had heard of Headway before this rant, It would be interesting to see how many members/supporters Headway has (anyone care to guess about 50?)

The cynic in me suggests that its a way of getting free advertising, and are hoping for the BBC to give them something to shut them up.

And just how many complaints have Headway incurred due to their use of the word 'Head' in their name? As one with a head I find it appalling that the word might be used in such a manner.

Archimedes said:

ISTR that every time someone suggests that the soundbite 'speed kills' is overly-simplistic (the counter-argument being that its travelling at speed in inappropriate locations/when road conditions are poor, etc which is the cause of fatalities) charities such as Brake immediately mount a soapbox and denounce whoever's said this as being in league with Satan.
the phrase is stupid, its not the speed, its the sudden stopping that kills. Bit like never ones been killed by a fall, but most by landings.

smallbrownprivates said:
Archimedes said:

the phrase is stupid, its not the speed, its the sudden stopping that kills. Bit like never ones been killed by a fall, but most by landings.

Sudden acceleration isn't too good for you either.

FFS Fellas its the MEDIA on both sides whipping this up. Top Gear getting load of publicity and the Headway/Speed kills people getting the same.

Dont get wound up about it

mgmidget said:
FFS Fellas its the MEDIA on both sides whipping this up. Top Gear getting load of publicity and the Headway/Speed kills people getting the same.

Dont get wound up about it
Yeah but all the previous posters couldn't work that out for themselves because their brains don't work properly.

Since Hammond himself manifestly didn't have a problem with what was being said, I fail to see why anyone else feels they have a right to object.

These bloody whingers that are always on about "Speed Kills" pi$$ me off. Their message appears to be that speed is the only cause of road accidents. When a young 'un, I was nearly greased by a taxi who pulled out in front of me. He was doing less than 5 MPH, me less than 25 on my Honda. Several litres of blood and much scrap metal later, I was fixed.

The irony is that if either one of us had been going faster, the accident wouldn't have happened.

And fast cars aren't necessarily to blame either. Fast cars have big brakes and trick suspension and will stop in a controlled manner over a shorter distance. Having said that, if some chav sticks a Rolls-Royce Olympus in a Saxo, that's a different matter.

SauceDoctor said:
Having said that, if some chav sticks a Rolls-Royce Olympus in a Saxo, that's a different matter.
As long as it's only themselves they kill I don't mind.