Top Gear is getting crap!

Book Reviewer
It's not difficult. Even for the hard of thinking. There's a magic button on most TVs and TV remote controls. It's known colloquially as the 'Off' button.
I'm sure the general consensus is it went dreary about two years ago.

Same old same old road trips with the obligatory pranks, 'unforeseen' mishaps and Clarkson nearly always winning.

The crowning glory of crapness was the South American 'Challenge' with highly edited mountain road scenes and the Andes crossing at altitude. Over dramatised tosh at best, illegal misrepresentation at worst

Just what were they thinking by believing the public would swallow this crap?

They're as out of date as that day- time TV shite telling you how to make a killing buying up shagged- out houses or a property in the Med.

Phoned in from my new Hyundai 1.4 MPV..... 0- 60, stalled it yesterday because I couldn't hear the engine, lots of miles to the gallon, you can heat the glove compartment to keep your slippers warm, or cool it to keep your sandwiches in when you want to park by the seaside to look out at the lashing rain..... QUALITY.
What do you mean getting crap?

It's always been crap. Crap aimed at dumbos, and that pratt Clarkson should be crushed and swallowed by a python!
I haven't taken it seriously for a while, but I think the final straw for me came on the Christmas Iraq Special a few years back, which showed Jezza and the rest cautiously edging around a corner wearing full PPE and expecting to get blown up any second. I'd been 15 metres away from that corner the week before, browsing handmade rugs in the local Women's Institute.

The fannies.
Lately on TV I've seen; Winter Rescues, Ice Road Truckers, Outback Truckers and some other bits. All of them far more interesting and informative than Top Gear! Not to mention far more relevant to the ordinary person.

I remember when calling someone a "boy racer" was an insult, now they seem to be catered for by the BBC!

Just a couple of months before Christmas, the police around here visited a known hangout for local boy racers - having warned them first! They arrested a few for drink driving, possessing weed and stuff, outsanding warrants, etc. Confiscated a couple of cars for non insurance, gave a big wad of tickets out. Informed insurance companies of vehicle modifications, the whole works. In all, around 40 boy racers got done for something or other. All this after warning them beforehand! Top Gear should be encouraging people to be more responsible on the road as far as I'm concerned, particularly as they cost the license payer!
I'm sure the general consensus is it went dreary about two years ago.
Yeah. The writing was on the wall as far as I was concerned when, a few years back, my Missus went, over the course of a couple of series, from irritation, huffing and puffing with my watching it, to occasional mild curiosity, then to a bit of snorting at the puerile humour of it all, to, finally, "Ooh, is Top Gear on tonight?" I stopped watching it then. I did notice the "Lads" programme slowly becoming more Bird-friendly, 'specially that **** Hammond with his beads and hairdo's. I think nowadays it's a ******* parody of what birds think blokes are like.

Also, like has been said, its been flogged to ******* death on Dave, occasionally on BBC3 and of course on BBC2.

Having said that, this thread caused me to visit "Top Gear Controversies" on Wiki (heh, a programme with its own 'Controversies' page), which caused me some minor amusement. Especially Series 16, Episode 3.
It is an entertainment show based around cars, it does not do fact, it does not do road tests. It is just 3 middle aged blokes cocking about in cars that few of us will ever own.

The quicker some people realise this the better. It also has almost nothing to do with the Max Power crew in your local tesco's car park. That lot take TG as seriously as they do the law.

Whinging about Top Gear is useless, the BBC will never can it as it is the BEEB's biggest cash cow, raking in millions from world wide sales.

The red button on your remote will do wonders for your blood pressure.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bob Upndown Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 147
fltpilot Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 7
in_the_cheapseats The Intelligence Cell 50