• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Top Gear in trouble again !

annakey said:
OpsO said:
annakey: Yes they were it was a special filmed in the US, they also had Nascar is crap and some generic abuse about George Bush as well. Quite funny really.
:lol:

I think it's clever of them to play the anti-PC card. So many people are fed up with it, and you can use it to attack both left and right. People forget that the world is full of right-wing authoritarians who take themselves tremendously seriously and are not used to having the pi$$ taken out of them. Result: they gobble like turkeys when poked with a stick.
Boring troll. Why make it a 'right wing' issue all the time?

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
maxi_77 said:
Lance_Bombardier said:
What a bunch of complete rubbish!
If it was a problem someone in the audience would complain, but no some fairy fook watching on thier telly did even though it doesn't affect them.

what is this country coming to nowadays? :x :roll:
i'm off to emigrate to a more laid back country! :D
You are missing the point, this was exactly the reaction he wanted, he would have been very dissapointed if there had not been a reaction, yesterday who was talking about the opinionated whatsit, now every one is and he is loving it.

Quite true but I dont think it was orchastrated purely to get the reaction.

The TG team dont actually care that much. Its a bonus if they upset a load of sheeps cunts though.
Oh come on Clarkson makes his money by being controversial, it's his trade mark, they didn't do it because they wanted a smoke, they did it to flout the law and cause contraversy

maxi_77 said:
Oh come on Clarkson makes his money by being controversial, it's his trade mark, they didn't do it because they wanted a smoke, they did it to flout the law and cause contraversy

More than likely. And I for one do not see a problem with that.

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
Not a Top Gear fan then Maxi?

Fuck off back to the God channel then. Don't like = Don't watch. Simple.

Bagwell said:
annakey said:
OpsO said:
annakey: Yes they were it was a special filmed in the US, they also had Nascar is crap and some generic abuse about George Bush as well. Quite funny really.
:lol:

I think it's clever of them to play the anti-PC card. So many people are fed up with it, and you can use it to attack both left and right. People forget that the world is full of right-wing authoritarians who take themselves tremendously seriously and are not used to having the pi$$ taken out of them. Result: they gobble like turkeys when poked with a stick.
Boring troll. Why make it a 'right wing' issue all the time?
QED

I particularly like watching smokers out in the winds and rain bwhahaahaaha
but I thought it was funny think ash should get a life not like the youth are going to take up pipe smoking is it :twisted:

Fugly said:

I am not in the slightest anti top gear, or even really anti clarkson, more I am amused how he manipulates the dinosaurs into thinking he is something special, rather than just an entertainer who has found a good niche and milks it for what he can, and good luck to him.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
maxi_77 said:

and neither do I but lets not make the whole thing anything more than it is, a publicity stunt that has done clarkson no harm at all. Fining him would just put more money in his pocket.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
maxi_77 said:
Fugly said:

I am not in the slightest anti top gear, or even really anti clarkson, more I am amused how he manipulates the dinosaurs into thinking he is something special, rather than just an entertainer who has found a good niche and milks it for what he can, and good luck to him.
Pretty much like Elvis Presley, Bruce Willis, Marcel Marceu and every other entertainer throughout history. They all have/had their fans and so has Clarkson. The difference is that Clarkson has a squaddie mentality and he doesn't pander to the PC brigade so is popular with squaddies. Funnily enough there's a few of them on this site.

maxi_77 said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
maxi_77 said:

and neither do I but lets not make the whole thing anything more than it is, a publicity stunt that has done clarkson no harm at all. Fining him would just put more money in his pocket.
You're trying to be too clever there. While he does court controversy a lot of what he says is just common sense and tends to upset luvvies as it encourages people to think for them selves.

Ord_Sgt said:
maxi_77 said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
maxi_77 said:

You're trying to be too clever there. While he does court controversy a lot of what he says is just common sense and tends to upset luvvies as it encourages people to think for them selves.
Clarkson has chosen his audience and panders to it to keep his brand in the public view as much as possible, yes what he says makes sense to you, but what some of the luvvy heros say makes sense to the luvvies as well. He is not there to make sense he is there to make money and he does it pretty well. He's an entertainer not a great thinker or moralist, so lets not get ver carried away by the whole thing.

Whats your point maxi? Or are you just trying to be negative?

Anyone who gets upset by Jeremy Clarkson is a complete bellend, it should be a test of personality.

Top Gear is probably the best programme on telly and the only one aimed at 30 something blokes who dont eat lentils or take it up the cack hole.

If two blokes smoking a pipe on telly is that dangerous for our tiny brains and that controversial, then we can never watch Sherlock Holmes again.

Ord_Sgt said:
Clarkson set the whole thing up to make publicity for himself to make the Clarkson brand more marketable and improve his bank balance

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
maxi_77 said:
Ord_Sgt said:
Clarkson set the whole thing up to make publicity for himself to make the Clarkson brand more marketable and improve his bank balance
What else is he going to do? Sit down and stare at the camera for a hour?

It's entertainment. Of course he's going to do/say something, thats how we are entertained.

Are you one of these people who deliberately channel-hop until they find something they don't like just to moan about it?

Set what up exactly, Top Gear or the pipe smoking in particular? But I don't see the problem, thats the whole point isn't it, its entertainment and we were entertained, otherwise we'd be looking at a blank screen. Anyway we all go to work to do a job to earn money, thats what he's doing. I really don't understand your beef.

maxi_77 said:
Ord_Sgt said:
And probably to annoy ASH. (Which should be actively encouraged)

I just enjoyed watching it and was chuckling away at him burning his mouth.

Ord_Sgt said:
Set what up exactly, Top Gear or the pipe smoking in particular? But I don't see the problem, thats the whole point isn't it, its entertainment and we were entertained, otherwise we'd be looking at a blank screen. Anyway we all go to work to do a job to earn money, thats what he's doing. I really don't understand your beef.
I am just trying to find out why so many people are getting hot under the collar about the whole thing. I am not upset, I don't dislike Clarkson, at times I find him quite amusing, at others he is a bit of a bore. So ASH complained, well that's a surprise then.

Another brilliant episode.Makes me laugh anyway.
It could be three blokes in any situation having a good laugh by taking the p*** out of each other and the bloody PC brigade.

They even managed to get a dig in at the BBC over that shambles with the HM.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bob Upndown Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 148
fltpilot Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 7
CrapSpy Falkland Islands (Op CORPORATE) 1