Top Gear in Mexico?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by afghanman, Feb 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thankfully, it was only the Marxist BBC that apologised - so far at least.

Had to spiv Blair or the oaf Brown still have been in 'No. 10', then the 'quivering lower lip and the 'most insincere growl ever', would have beenejaculating apologies all over the media.

2. Class.

Tenfuckingletters

3. I believe they also described Mexican food as, "Re-fried vomit."

Sounds perfectly accurate to me. And since Mexico is not so much a country as a collection of drug gangs with business practices that would make the Mafia wince, I think the Top Gear boys were positively restrained...

4. If these ********* don't like the British sense of humour they should either **** off back to where they came from or turn off the bloody television!

Ooh, I 'm a bit miffed!

5. "I believe they also described Mexican food as, "Re-fried vomit."

For the record, Mr. May described it as "re-fried vomit with cheese on top", which is a fair comment. More importantly, who tipped off the Mexican Ambassador, who, at that time of night, would have been slumped over the remote control?

OZ

6. Mr Clarkson is adding a bit more fuel to his own fire..............

Despite earlier apologising for the show's 'feckless' comments, the loud mouth host then ended the column with his own joke about Mexicans: 'Mexico doesn't have an Olympic team... because anyone who can run, jump or swim is already across the border.'

7. Controversy sells. This will go down well with established viewers in the US, which the cynic in believes was the aim.

Apart from that, the truth hurts eh Pepe?

8. I heard a version of that joke years ago, "Why are there no swimming pools in Mexico? Because any Mexican who can swim is already on the US side of the Rio Grande!"

9. I understand you can get some really top gear in Mexico.

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

This has got to be a first. Common sense from the PC side of the street? "Trevor Phillips, head of the Equality and Human Rights Commission, threw his support behind Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond". *Linky*

11. The Mexicans should probably be quiet lest someone decides to tell the truth about the place rather than the amusing Looney Tunes version - that as well as being feckless they are also incredibly corrupt to the point of parody, incapable of taking meaningful action against the Cartels and immensely barbaric if the routine mutilations are to be believed.
    Perhaps the Aztec isn't that far below the surface after all.

12. Feck me! Pigs do fly then...

13. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Despite the flak and the pending lawsuit - Stig's car stereo played "going loco down in Acapulco" last night - class!

14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Even better - Bentley refused to put up a Mulsanne against the Rolls Royce Ghost and the Merc S65 on road test in Albania so they got a clapped out Yugo and referred to it throughout as the Mulsanne. Not a good move to piss off Top Gear, whether you are a south American country or the manufacturer of over-priced luxury cars.