Top Gear at Camp Bastion

Tomorrow, Top Gear presenters will be at the Chinook hanger, can't see them bringing out any fancy sport cars or racing a Pinz on the airfield here. 8O

How often are these kind of visits publicised in advance?

I'm miles away so don't know, but OPSEC bells are ringing ever so quietly...

Top Gear take on the Taliban - will the mighty stig be able to handbrake his way out of multiple road side IEDs, and deliver the mail to the Gereshk outpost..........

Damn! I thought the title of the thread was about to lead me to some more information about where to find top quality drugs in the Army.

Guess not! :twisted:

Litotes

Nightrained said:
Tomorrow, Top Gear presenters will be at the Chinook hanger, can't see them bringing out any fancy sport cars or racing a Pinz on the airfield here. 8O
If you get the chance, could you find out and inform us when it will be shown?

Litotes said:
Damn! I thought the title of the thread was about to lead me to some more information about where to find top quality drugs in the Army.

Guess not! :twisted:

Litotes
Ask the Argylls...I'll get my kilt...

BTW, didn't John Donnelly look a knob on TV this a.m. discussing the embarrassing stats? He appeared to be "covering-up" whilst repeating "on-message" nonsense...

Ok just back from it. It was not filmed, they wanted to do a show, but they couldn't for some reason in the end. However they still came out on to a stage, nearly a thousand people turned up all surrounded the stage, for an hour they just took questions. No cameras or film crews anywhere. Really genuine people, quite funny. Also, I now know who Stig REALLY is!!!

Robbie Williams?

Nightrained said:
Ok just back from it. It was not filmed, they wanted to do a show, but they couldn't for some reason in the end. However they still came out on to a stage, nearly a thousand people turned up all surrounded the stage, for an hour they just took questions. No cameras or film crews anywhere. Really genuine people, quite funny. Also, I now know who Stig REALLY is!!!"The engineers’ activities building up the camp inevitably attracted the attention of the Taliban, who would harass them with fire. To the south, the sappers cut back the corn and maize fields surrounding the helicopter landing site to a distance of 100 yards, robbing the Taliban of cover and making a jolly nice stew.

Nightrained said:
Ok just back from it. It was not filmed, they wanted to do a show, but they couldn't for some reason in the end. However they still came out on to a stage, nearly a thousand people turned up all surrounded the stage, for an hour they just took questions. No cameras or film crews anywhere. Really genuine people, quite funny. Also, I now know who Stig REALLY is!!!
Don't tell anyone...I don't want my cover blown 8)

The Stig is Ben Collins
When the Renault car went round, it was Heikki Kovaleinen dressed as the Stig.

Look at the sponsors on last weeks show :)

Just looked him up on the wiki, not previously heard of the chap!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Collins_(driver)

Have a look at the paint job on the car in the picture...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bob Upndown Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 148
fltpilot Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 7
CrapSpy Falkland Islands (Op CORPORATE) 1