1. Etrex Venture GPS
2. Individual Night Vision Monoscope (not necesarily for mounting on the IW)
4. HK G3 rifle
5. Better short range comms (yes, I know Bowman and PRR are on their way, but something a bit more disposable)
very heavy combat jackets that let bullets and fragments straight through
radios that are very heavy and can't possibly work
extrememly heavy unarmoured cars that could'nt possibly go off road
knowing how BAE and its little friends conspire with mod to do exactly the oppasite form whats wanted
super lightweight body armour
mobile phone size radio that can talk to any other set on the planet
lightweight heavily armoured mech that can go anywhere
pocket sized flame throwers
1. A S of S for Defence with the b*lls to stand up to Smiler Tony and Grasping Gordon and tell them we are overstretched/ under resourced/ ill equipped and all getting totally P.O'd with them using the military as a political tool.
2. As 1
3. As 2
4. See above
5. A coffin (lead lined) for Hoon (Or Buff as he is known) - filled of course.
1.body armour that isn't just crap
2.a gun that goes bang when you press the trigger (thats always a bonus)
3.self cleaning weapons
4.bergan with built in fridge!!.you can never have enough buds!!
5.night vision!!!! i want to see the bugger.before i shoot him!!
1. The best bit of Kit for the Job - Not the cheapest.
2. AnythingThat has been proven in combat.
3. An Up grade for Cougar - so that it can replace some elements of BOWMAN.
4. A modular combat tested weapon system.
5. Me a big fcuking red ferrari. (with all the money they would save if procument was right first time round).
1. Replacement of CBA with some of the new ultra lightweight materials that use a mixture of kevlar and titanium 'chain-mail' weave. Design to be similar to the American rig, enabling the individual soldier to fit equipment pouches customised to the needs of his role.
2. Replace issuing boots for use in the field with a regular cash allowance to enable soldiers to buy their own boots, so they can choose a set appropriate to the environment they'll be operating in (and their own physical characteristics and personal preferences). You could still have one pair of standard boots issued for use in camp.
3. Any of Softie Jackets & Sleeping Bags, Leatherman, Mini-Maglite etc, so long as it is the genuine article and not some irritatingly sub-standard dogdy knock-off with a Nato Stock Number appended.
4. Remove the need for Officers and Seniors to pay for certain items of uniform equipment. You want us to wear it? F^cking well pay for it then.
Don't know about the other corps, but in the RAC, we've recently been issued with a Crew survival vest (similar to a cop vest) and as a system it comes complete with a maglite, leatherman multi tool and a camelbak!
Icould be wrong but I think some of our guys were even issued a softie type jacket for Telic 3...