Top brass ‘bottled’ SAS hostage rescue of Edwin Dyer

harareboy99 said:
I would take it with a pinch of salt- it is the Sun.

However i wouldn't put anything past that snivelling coward miliband.
Agreed, Id hesitate to take Anythin 'The Scum' newspaper says as gospel truth. But i agree this government would be likely to chicken out

A senior SAS source said:
Oh really! Do The Sun have a list of senior SAS source's as contacts for a quote do they? :roll:

Delete: A senior SAS source said:
Insert: The following is bollox . . .

Fat_Cav said:
A senior SAS source said:
Oh really! Do The Sun have a list of senior SAS source's as contacts for a quote do they? :roll:

Delete: A senior SAS source said:
Insert: The following is bollox . . .
Delete: A senior SAS source
Insert: A civilian storeman at Credenhill. . .

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
Your all cynic, s it,s all true and BoB Spoar was the senior advisor!!!

utter Blx.

Pararegtom said:
Your all cynic, s it,s all true and BoB Spoar was the senior advisor!!!

utter Blx.
It can't be b0llocks, they have artists impression pictures and everything, even Andy McNab has commented on it so it HAS to be true!

Although this story should be taken with a pinch (handful) of salt, it would not surprise me if the government were content for this murder to happen. It serves to highlight the terror threat and keep the public worried. (Foil hat time). Disband parliament and direct rule by Brown & co?

DemsMaShoes said:
Although this story should be taken with a pinch (handful) of salt, it would not surprise me if the government were content for this murder to happen. It serves to highlight the terror threat and keep the public worried. (Foil hat time). Disband parliament and direct rule by Brown & co?
Hell's teeth, DMS, you are even more cynical than me! :D

Litotes

A senior source said: "We outsourced the actual rescue to IBA, we put it out to tender and they had the most competitive quote."

In reply, a senior IBA source, called "The Baron" to protect his identity, said that they had stood at the enterance to the AQ base, and refused entry to anybody not on the guest list or wearing trainers, that was all that they were required to do. :)

Markintime said:
SAS personnel are well know for sharing plans with the Sun of course, in fact I believe it's SOP to have a Sun staff reporter present at all briefings. The SAS also guard the Sun bingo numbers.
Another little know fact is that SSGT "Henno" Garvie from Red Troop, sometimes appears on TV playing the part of a guy called Ross Kemp.

According to two reliable sources, "Hello!" and OK magazines, Kemp is still married to Rebekah Wade who plays the part of the Editor of the Sun. There is some recent question about her having binned him

In the days when the SAS used to fly in Pumas, one of the SF pilots told me that he had once dropped a number of newspaper editors off at the "lines" for a peep behind the boathouse door and a ruby murray in the Ruperts' mess. Wade's predecessor was allegedly one of those visiting editors, but sadly he left the bar before the Masonic drinking ritual.
8O

flamingo said:
A senior source said: "We outsources the actual rescue to IBA, we put it out to tender and they had the most competitive quote."

In reply, a senior IBA source, called "The Baron" to protect his identity, said that they had stood at the enterance to the AQ base, and refused entry to anybody not on the guest list or wearing trainers, that was all that they were required to do. :)
That is bo110x, everyone knows that all IBA Ops are referred to their Press Desk ( But he did tell me they also stopped 3 people with ripped jeans as well)

It's good to hear the forces newspaper has credible sources, complete with an artist impression as well, blimey what next?

A senior SAS source once told me that their fares to Oslo couldn't be beat. mind you, their hostesses has suspiciously hairy legs but that might just have been a Scandy thing.