Top Bankers say "Sorry"...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Rodney2q, Feb 10, 2009.

?
  1. Yes - of course I believe them.

2.0%
  2. No - they've got their money and don't give a sh*t about the rest of us

98.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Crocodile tears...

I don't believe a word.

:x :x :x :x :x :x

Rodney2q

2. I take it he rushed out to give all that bonus money back.

No? I am surprised!!

3. As my old Mum used to say.... "Words are cheap" ....

4. Well, that's all sorted then.

5. Of course they were not sorry. Even they are not arrogant enough to appear in front of Parliament and say "we've had the money and don't give a fcuk about what others think".
    I bank with the RBS as my previous Bank (Martins) was taken over by Barclays (spit). At this time I was living in Edinburgh so the RBS was ideal.
    I was 'phoned by my bank branch last week and they invited me to attend a meeting with an adviser. They asked me to bring all details of in-goings and outgoings so the RBS could advise me on better use of my money. I replied that I was not in debt, and did not need any advice and if I did, I could not think of anyone less qualified that the RBS. Now I am looking for a new bank - the Co-operative is looking good. Has anyone got any ideas.

6. Funny how, just as they say sorry, several thousand HBOS workers are made redundant. Sickening given that one of the bankers having interview without coffee is on a temporary contract with Lloyds at £60,000 a month.

7. Bless. Laughing all the way...

8. I wouldn't mind but he looked like he'd just escaped the womb. I've been served by older people at Burger Kings at a Moto stop!

The interesting point in all this was the fact that Lord Stevenson (he was given it by Broon) claimed no one saw it coming but the Head of Risk at his own bank from 2002 to 2005 (he got sacked for pestering management about ignoring risks) said in a letter to one of the MPs 'that's bollo#, I'ze been tellin em for years and they done sacked me' or words to that effect.

EDIT: Oh and the main person appointed by Broon to come up with new regulation (James Crosby)? .... is the man who used to be head of HBOS and sacked the aforesaid Head of Risk fro clogging his inbox with his doomladen warnings!

9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

The poor little mites have had to spend thousands on the same sort of image consultants that both Gordon 'Cyclops' Brown AND Jade Goody have had.

Apparently, these 'bankers' have had lessons in sincerity and humbleness (I REALLY sh!t you not!), before they went to this inquisition.

The funny thing is, they did all this so that THEY could be questioned by politicians on poor financial management and control.

Ooooh the irony.

10. What I find rather amusing is some of the people who are coming out of the woodwork to condemn the bonuses that are reportedly on the table for top executives in the banking sector. One of them is none other than John Prescott. Not that he'd know anything about taking taxpayers' money, of course, as I'm sure all his expenses were legitimate and properly audited.

Pity this "army" didn't exist when he was deputy PM........

Prescott demands action

11. "EDIT: Oh and the main person appointed by Broon to come up with new regulation (James Crosby)? .... is the man who used to be head of HBOS and sacked the aforesaid Head of Risk fro clogging his inbox with his doomladen warnings! "

Not only that but this Crosby fellah ensured that the sacked employees comments werent minuted, and placed a gagging order on him. Our Great Leader (while still Chancellor) appointed Crosby to the FSA to look at wholesale banking. Talk about the blind leading the blind when the regulator is the very same person who took his bank over the cliff!

And of course tomorrow's PMQ's will blame it all on external factors (america, worldwide, global) and nothing to do with Gordon the saviour of the world.

12. Ashie - if you are here - amd you will be -man up.

I find this IMMORAL. And if I can take a liberty I'm sure Sven does as well!

13. I get the feeling that the only thing they're really sorry for is that they didn't get to carry on milking the system for personal gain for a few more years.

I really and honestly start to sympathise with the October Revolution when I read anything said by these cunts lately. A dark cellar, a handful of unfriendly men with revolvers and a volley of badly aimed shots at close range is all they deserve.

14. A show trial!

Straight out of Joe Stalins "How to run a Dictatorship" no doubt.

When they get Gordon up there instead, i might pay some notice.

15. Yes but they haven't done anything illegal so thats all right...