Top Article - Telegraph

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_C_Hinecap, Feb 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw this and nearly spat my tea when I read the last line - pure genius. This is genuine and not added by me. Proof readers must have had a sense of humour last night!

In a beach chair made for two
    By David Sapsted
    (Filed: 03/02/2005)

A seaside resort long known as "God's waiting room" is attempting to enhance its appeal to younger visitors by introducing double-width deck chairs designed for amorous couples for whom "two chairs are just too far apart".

"We brought them in to bring a bit more romance to the town," said a council spokesman in Eastbourne, East Sussex. "We do have the image of a retirement resort, and that's unfair. So we're doing this to try to challenge some outdated perceptions."

Councillor David Elkin said the "Wide Boy" chairs - being given a test run, above, by Laura Thompson and Lee Watts - would allow couples to enjoy a "romantic cuddle as the sun goes down". And, at £2 a day, young lovers can make a 90p saving on the price of two single chairs.

Alternatively, fat, old people can be a lot more comfortable for less than the price of a pint of Sanatogen.
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Living in gods waiting room I saw the article on local news last night. I need one for each arse cheek, so i have resolved to acquire by means fair or foul and redisribute two to my retirement gin palace on the south coast. Thora Hird not only wouldnt be able to get back out of one probably wouldnt be much of a shag anyway!
  3. Manufactured in Portsea Island by The Southsea Deckchair Company.

Another first for the south's premier chav city.
  4. Portsmouth is chav city .southsea is actually quite nice and everyone knows bexhill is gods waiting room.
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Post slag here Bournemouth or to be exact Ferndown is waiting for god land! Got Great grannies in the family there!
  6. Southsea is shit, wraps of white powder on beach front...what great place.

Hey but atleast it ain't GOSPORT now that is a dump