Top AQ Type has Close Encounter with Mr Hellfire

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AndyPipkin, Jan 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

A senior al-Qaeda leader in Afghanistan, Abu Laith al-Libi, has been killed, Western counter-terrorism officials have told the BBC.

His family have asked that mourners do not send flowers
    They have asked for donations towards a new air ambulance instead
    This will be crashed onto the nearest U.S. forces hospital :D

2. Hopefully they'll be finding his body for weeks :twisted:

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

He should have emmigrated. I hear Afghanistan is good this time of year - too late for him of course.

4. Ahh there was pmc after him earlier, Ekhlaas went down briefly after it was posted.
    One less to find.

5. All for one less AQ, but the word that jumped out at me was Pakistan, who apparently knew nothing about the op. Another example of septics having no understanding of the word sovereignty. It's be a bit like them doing a missile attack on Bradford and telling us about it later. Okay, jacket and helmet on and off down the bunker.

6. You're right, their force projection was way off the ball here.

Next time stack just these fcuka's 10 miles high and let rip:

Attached Files:

7. Of course AQ are particularly observant of Pakistan's soveriegnty and territorial integrity.

As for a Predator strike on Bradford....OK by me for both political and aesthetic reasons!

8. It is not the first attempt to kill the nutter

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19318805/

The risk of potential damage.... Of course they were not their children.

9. I'm sure the Russian military would be much more circumspect in targetting a senior Chechen seperatist, Sergey.

10. Exactly. Senior Chechen separatist (former presidend Maskhadov) was killed while hiding is a cellar. No one children was hurt (and no one peaceful citizen as well).

11. Pot, this is kettle, colour check, over.

12. That's the luxury of COIN in your own back yard Sergey. ;)

Other local ruskie actions though, as i'm sure you're aware, didn't end so precisely.

13. Don't misunderstand me, Sergey, I'm not going to disagree with your assertion that the Yanks don't give two shits about sovereignty or collateral damage to people who aren't Yanks. However, if you're trying to imply that Russia would have done anything even slightly differently if the shoe had been on the other foot, I'll be in the market for a new pair of tits, on account of having laughed the current pair right off.

14. I'm sure that if our American cousins were to alert the relevant Pakistani authorities before continuing then there would be no one to target in a very short period of time.