Top AQ Type has Close Encounter with Mr Hellfire

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
A senior al-Qaeda leader in Afghanistan, Abu Laith al-Libi, has been killed, Western counter-terrorism officials have told the BBC.

His family have asked that mourners do not send flowers
They have asked for donations towards a new air ambulance instead
This will be crashed onto the nearest U.S. forces hospital :D

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
He should have emmigrated. I hear Afghanistan is good this time of year - too late for him of course.

All for one less AQ, but the word that jumped out at me was Pakistan, who apparently knew nothing about the op. Another example of septics having no understanding of the word sovereignty. It's be a bit like them doing a missile attack on Bradford and telling us about it later. Okay, jacket and helmet on and off down the bunker.

scrofula said:
All for one less AQ, but the word that jumped out at me was Pakistan, who apparently knew nothing about the op. Another example of septics having no understanding of the word sovereignty. It's be a bit like them doing a missile attack on Bradford and telling us about it later. Okay, jacket and helmet on and off down the bunker.
You're right, their force projection was way off the ball here.

Next time stack just these fcuka's 10 miles high and let rip:

Attachments

scrofula said:
Of course AQ are particularly observant of Pakistan's soveriegnty and territorial integrity.

As for a Predator strike on Bradford....OK by me for both political and aesthetic reasons!

It is not the first attempt to kill the nutter

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19318805/

June 19, 2007

U.S. special operations forces were targeting the leader of al-Qaida in Afghanistan — one of the organization's top commanders — when they launched an attack against a compound that killed seven children Sunday in Paktika province of eastern Afghanistan, U.S. officials tell NBC News.

According to several officials, and contrary to previous statements, the U.S. military knew there were children at the compound but considered the target of such high value it was worth the risk of potential collateral damage.

Those same officials tell NBC News the target of Sunday's attack was Abu Laith al Libi, the al-Qaida commander in Afghanistan and a top lieutenant of Osama bin Laden.
The risk of potential damage.... Of course they were not their children.

AndyPipkin said:
I'm sure the Russian military would be much more circumspect in targetting a senior Chechen seperatist, Sergey.
Exactly. Senior Chechen separatist (former presidend Maskhadov) was killed while hiding is a cellar. No one children was hurt (and no one peaceful citizen as well).

That's the luxury of COIN in your own back yard Sergey. ;)

Other local ruskie actions though, as i'm sure you're aware, didn't end so precisely.

Don't misunderstand me, Sergey, I'm not going to disagree with your assertion that the Yanks don't give two shits about sovereignty or collateral damage to people who aren't Yanks. However, if you're trying to imply that Russia would have done anything even slightly differently if the shoe had been on the other foot, I'll be in the market for a new pair of tits, on account of having laughed the current pair right off.

I'm sure that if our American cousins were to alert the relevant Pakistani authorities before continuing then there would be no one to target in a very short period of time.

Oh don't get me wrong, Speedy. I'm not saying I think the Yanks were wrong to introduce Mister AQ to the business end of a Hellfire without alerting Pakistan to their intentions or giving a flying fcuk about who might be nearby when they did it. If anyone else tried to pull same shit that the Yanks do all the time there'd be a USN Carrier Battle Group parked in strike range of their capital city within half an hour. They do it, quite simply, because they can and the only thing that gives them pause is if there's likely to be any reaction from someone who carries an equally big stick. No Chinese or Russians known to be in the target area so tally ho as far as they're concerned. If Mister AQ chooses to hide/plot murder/wage war with children around him, the US quite clearly aren't going to let that stop them unless the (unconfirmed) deaths of those (alledged) children are going to cause political problems. If not, bombs away!

What has me looking for a spare pair of tits is the suggestion that the pure and righteous forces of Russia would never stoop to such dubious tactics. I laughed so much I nearly voted Labour!

JJ next you will be saying that the ruskies would gas an entire theatre audience to death just to get a few whinging insurgents. Shame on you!

AndyPipkin said:
scrofula said:
Of course AQ are particularly observant of Pakistan's soveriegnty and territorial integrity.

As for a Predator strike on Bradford....OK by me for both political and aesthetic reasons!
Absolutely - go for the HQ

Odo

Jolly_Jack said:
Don't misunderstand me, Sergey, I'm not going to disagree with your assertion that the Yanks don't give two shits about sovereignty or collateral damage to people who aren't Yanks. However, if you're trying to imply that Russia would have done anything even slightly differently if the shoe had been on the other foot, I'll be in the market for a new pair of tits, on account of having laughed the current pair right off.
I understand you Jack and of course you have a good point.

Meanwhile, somewhere near Kabul

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7222194.stm

In Afghanistan, the Taleban now claim to have influence across most of the country and have extended their area of control from their traditional heartland in the south.

They are able to operate freely even in Wardak Province, neighbouring the capital Kabul, as a BBC camera crew who filmed them recently found.
Support from villagers is essential to their ability to continue operations through the winter months.

Local people said that they were willing to help the Taleban because they supported their brand of justice.

In one of the villages under their control, people willing to come forward and talk to the BBC said that security was much better now that the Taleban were there.
Suppose that the American would kill a dozen or few such nutters in Pakistan with preplanned 'collateral damage'. And what? Does it ever make sense?

Btw, Chechya now is almost calm but not due to military measures. Mainly because economical and political steps.