FMJ - the drill sgt is awesome and some of the soldier-sayings are real classics
Guns at Batasi - RSM Lauderdale is so typical, the do-gooder MP is Claire Short to a T
The Hill - we had GSM from MPSC at Bahrain who was 100% copy of the RSM. Never knew why the film showed in the mess 4 nights out of 5.
The Searchers. John W at his best with attitude that would find much support today
Cuckoos Nest - just Jack Nicholson at his very best psycho setting
Thought I'd better post my list and then read the others, so as not to cloud my mind.
1. Zulu - top class film and never dated - Glad they have not remade it with an all american cast!!!!
2. For a Few dollars more - Classic and great for a western night in the block.
3. Battle of Britain - Great to watch - especially before we play Schultz and his mob at footy. a crowd pleaser!!
4. Black Hawk Down - enough said
5. Whoops Apocalypse - Pricess wendy and the SAS
Sounds like a good subject to make a TV programme out of. But why dont we make it...... errrr.....lets say, the top 100 movies!
anybody know the number for any tv stations, Im sure that they would love this idea.