Top 10 Threads (of all time?) for New ARRSErs.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by rampant, May 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

There is a surprising turn up on the books for wee ramps: the course I am am studying here in Lowestoft has unearthed a few potential new ARRSErs, two Guardsmen and a Green Jacket (Col.). Technobiffs one and all, but have at least the ability to send an e-mail.

They have not heard about ARRSE.

Beyond Auld_Sapper's legendary "Stumpy" Thread ( not to mention a few that I will recomend of my own choosing). What in your opinion are the top Threads of all time on ARRSE, so they can be introdroduced to its wit, whimsy, debauchery, depravity, invectitive and insight?

Not just from the NAAFI but from the whole of ARRSE: History, NAAFI, QM's Current Affair's etc etc.

Choose your favorites from each Forum. What would you recomend to an ARRSE Virgin?

You have until Monday to draw up your list ladies and sperms.*

In your own time.

* I may add extra threads later
  2. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  3. Swordmans posts.
    • Like Like x 5
  4. The mong one titled "was I wrong to laught at this" IIRC. It started with the story of a mong walking into a lampost and went hilariously downhill from there.
    The one about giving your wife a slap.

I think they were both deleted though.
    Cernunnos one mentioned already is a classic, as was stumpy.
  5. Can't find the stumpy thread :/
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Happy skyscraper day raised more than one smile from me.

Stumpy is a given and the 5A's Kenya thread is shaping up nicely.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Agree with both of those

The Mike Golden - Para thread was a cracker (complete with pictures of out tattoo'd warrier and gimp mate)
    RTFQ posted some crackers IIRC

Trouble is most of the threads these days desend into two gimps arguing or some one getting in a huff because someone called their pint a poof
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Bournolli's MLAAR thread, was about in 2006 but has been sadly deleted since. Absofuckinlutely awesome.

Most of MDN's stuff - again, sadly lost.

edit: Cait's Happy St Skyscaper Day, and the Tramp thread.

Where are Bernouli and Shortfuse...?
  9. I am a new ARRSE'r I've been pissing myself reading the "I'm Turning My Kids Into Tiny Squaddies And I'm Not Ashamed" thread - top thread. Also liked the "Today I Saw..." thread.
  10. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

"What kit should I take to Basic?" and "When is payday this month?" are classics.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Agree with those, in the happy st skyscraper day the quote about losing a brother and the reply that was careless. Priceless.
  12. To second Jarrod..

Sheer class.
  13. Pardon my Erection by RTFQ is a cracking read as well.

The Stumpy thread got me reading ARRSE, this thread kept me here. Possibly a bad thing I know.