Toothless Council Parking Attendant

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Spanish_Dave, Feb 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

I got a £45 council ticket today because my rear wheel was outside the line in a disabled bay, I had my badge displayed but the ever helpful parking attendant just said appeal if you want to. After a couple of expletives he said tough now you wont win any appeal because you abused me and I will note this.

Can I succesfully appeal against the council for this?

In my defence the reason I was over the line is because the taxi's tailing back at the supermarket did not allow full access to the parking bay

2. Post the ticket front and back and the details on PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice they are experts when it comes to council tickets.
  3. If other vehicles were preventing your access to a parking bay, why didn`t you call the parking attendant and get him to sort the problem out.
  4. Fact Sheet for you:

My sympathies
  5. It was defo a council warden giving the ticket??,.. If it was just one of the private parking muppets who go round giving out tickets that look very similar to official council ones, then you're most likely safe to ignore it. They try and intimidate you into paying, but for all their cage rattling, 'we'll take you to court' type shit, they generally do feck all about it if you don't pay.
  6. Spanish_Dave

Simply because I did not have time to run around town to find him as he could have been anywhere within the district council
  7. Spanish_Dave

Thanks mate and your help is appreciated however this is council
  8. What kind of bloke issues a parking fine to a disabled veteran just because he parks like a girl?

He's lucky you're a reasonable man Dave, the next time he tries this trick I hope someone flattens the cunt.
  9. Don't quote that in your appeal though mate!
  10. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Dave, He's going to quote that you were abusive. Did he have any recording equipment, the wonks around here have a camera on their head. FFS its a small market town the the Leics country side not fucking downtown Baghdad.

any way if he didn't then you need to get your allegation in first via a complaint for a disability hate crime. After all him saying that if your so disabled you can't park then you shouldn't be allowed to drive is a disabalist (made up word) comment and I'm sure you heard him say that and also call you a cripple didn't you!
  11. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Bastards gave me a ticket the other day because i forgot to put my clock up. Am I going to pay it? am i fuck. I'll argue the toss and use up their 56 days :) read the rules mate.
  12. first things first, was he wearing a bodycam or taking digital images of your vehicle- what I'm asking is it a case of he said, he said
    if not then appeal it

EDIT:beaten to it
  13. Dave, you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain by challenging the ticket. Explain about the bay being blocked by other vehicles, explain that as a disabled badge holder you could have legally parked on double yellow lines and thinking of other road users parked where other motorists wouldn't be inconvenienced. Tell them the photos taken by their warden should show the other cars blocking the disabled bay and appeal to their better nature saying you wont do it again. If you massage their already over inflated egos, it normally does the trick. Remember that whilst you are challenging the ticket, it stays at the discounted rate until you get an answer, however long they take to reply.
  14. When you said "Toothless Council Parking Attendant" I assumed that was AFTER you had discussed it with him!

Where my parents live is great - they employ black-clad West Africans on black mopeds (visors up, chin strap down...) to abuse the tax paying motorists and remonstration is a non-starter as they have little or no grasp of the English Language beyond "Eh! No Park 'ere. No! No! Move. No!"
  15. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

If you really want to mess with their heads if they have a cam or head cam quote section 76 of the terrorism act 2000 at them.

Its a criminal offence where as they are attempting to enforce a civil order.