Paint & Tools Tools, materials etc thread

Try and borrow one first, I gave mine away as I couldn't get on with it. What I did do, was visit my opticians and held a figure where I usually hold it when painting and got a pair of glasses for that focal length

That's the sort of cheap close-up reading-glasses with very plain frames that are available in lots of pharmacies etc? Or better quality ones with an actual prescription? I have been looking at the reading-glasses with an extra-close dioptre for photo re-touching, but was doubtful about headaches etc.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
That's the sort of cheap close-up reading-glasses with very plain frames that are available in lots of pharmacies etc? Or better quality ones with an actual prescription? I have been looking at the reading-glasses with an extra-close dioptre for photo re-touching, but was worried about headaches etc.
A lot use those cheap readers, I just went for prescription lenses as there was a two for one offer at the time and I didn't need a second pair for normal use.

offog

LE
I have two sets one for the loft and one for the painting table (money to burn age).

I have had no problem with the use as I have bifocals all the time. They all come with plastic lenses and a range of strengths.

These I don't like as the nose pads dig into my nose and make it difficult to use with the glasses.

1627153905173.png

This type I prefer as I find them more comfortable to use over time. Also come with a selection of lenses.

1627154474438.png

Mine were a lot cheaper and had no additional small lens. I did find that the side nut came loose and I added a layer of chammy to the front for comfort. The lights are as much use as an ashtray on at motorbike. Also being able to flip up the lens is a must so that you can look round and find the item you need.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Try and borrow one first, I gave mine away as I couldn't get on with it. What I did do, was visit my opticians and held a figure where I usually hold it when painting and got a pair of glasses for that focal length
Yeah, wot 'e said. I agree with my learned colleague. Better to get your eyes checked out before shelling out for something that may well sit in a drawer until he'll freezes over or Bugsy starts telling the truth!