Too tall for tanks...

What would you say is too tall for tanks/Cav? At 6ft I was first told I would be too tall to be armoured, then a Sgt from the Light Dragoons told me this was crap and I'd be fine, as did my Recruiting Sergeant. So what do you think is too tall for tanks?

M_Lambert said:
What would you say is too tall for tanks/Cav? At 6ft I was first told I would be too tall to be armoured, then a Sgt from the Light Dragoons told me this was crap and I'd be fine, as did my Recruiting Sergeant. So what do you think is too tall for tanks?
Got a friend who is 6ft 7" and has no problems...

Dunno, I am not in tanks yet, but 6ft isn't too tall. Maybe if you are really tall you might find it a bit crushed inside though!

Dunno! When I was attached to The Blues they managed to squeeze 6 foot+ troopers into daimler Armoured cars and Ferrets. Could explain why some of them were a bit twisted.

craftsmanx said:
Dunno! When I was attached to The Blues they managed to squeeze 6 foot+ troopers into daimler Armoured cars and Ferrets. Could explain why some of them were a bit twisted.
Is that a polite way of saying BENT!!!

For my sins, I was posted to Soltau as Comd 7th Armd’s House Corporal. This meant that when he went on exercise I had to drive his converted ambulance carrawaggon.
Not really a problem apart from the fact I had just learned to drive weeks previous and that I was really, really bad at driving.
The major problem was he was a very tall ossifer and had had the bed lengthened thereby sacrificing cab space.
So not only was I bricking it in case I hit something driving on convoy lights but my chest was right up against the steering wheel, way uncomfortable.
Oh yeah and during the 2 week ex he only slept in it once. (mumble..mumble)

I'm 5' 8" so no height problem but I've got fairly wide shoulders and have found that a problem getting in and out, esp on the T72 which seems to have been made for midgets.

I am 5' 10 and was called a short arse when I joined, most HCav guys used to be 6' plus and had no problems, ok, the gunner used to wear the commanders knees in the back all day but hey, thats life.