• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Too old for Commando?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I have been looking at the Army ones such as 266 Royal Artillery and 131 Royal Engineers.

There's a poster on here called Cuddles who was with 266 Bty and normally likes to share some tales about his time with that unit.

Unfortunately he will not be able to tell you anything relating to the airborne (as was) role or the CDO role as he attempted neither.

He has also never been a Colonel.

View Profile: Cuddles - The Army Rumour Service

Hi all, I'm just after a bit of information if anybody knows or can help me. I've been wanting to join the TA for a few years now and I have made a few enquiries to units in the past but I've never actually applied as my job was constantly moving. Now I'm in a position where I am settled I have been looking yet again to join. As I work in the Bristol area I have been looking at a couple of the Commando units but at the age of 35, am I now too old to do it? I am an ex Infantry soldier (been out 8 years) and I've always kept a base level of fitness which I'm building up now so I feel I am up to it physically. I have called someone about this and emailed another but I have had no reply as of yet so I was hoping to settle my curiosity here. Thanks in advance.
A friend of mine through basic joined 131 at 35 and got his green lid. He was already fit though, and didn't need to dramatically pick it up for the Commando tests.

There was once a docu called The 50 or 55 Year Old Commando. A reporter, Chris Terril, filmed a batch of Royal Marine recruits and All Arms Commando guys going thru their paces at Lympstone. He asked if he could attempt the commando tests, and they let him do it. He got his Green Lid, and even went out to Afghanistan with the Royal Marines for a while.
TBH, we're still trying to limit the damage from Sir Jimmy's visit...

:)

I could have mentioned D D D Dom, who went away with 59 and helped lug the Dragon Gun up That Hill...

One of my V best mates; the then Major Cliff was his OC and best man.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Pretty sure the age limit is 34. Could be wrong. Me and a guy I train with threw a drunken fit one night and decided to join the SBS (R). We got fucked off at the high port for being a pair of silly old dodders. Para and Cdo same....I'm pretty sure the support units are same.

Army recruiting site has a live chat function on it. Ask them.

What happened to Cuddles? Haven't seen him for months.
I believe he has joined a Westminster based internet chat forum where he is dropping subtle hints that he was once a Prime Minister.

Unfortunately his membership on missuniversecontestants.com has been revoked due to his porky pie escapades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads